Honda XRV Forum banner
2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Jonny525 
#1 ·
Hi

I've just bought a Transalp 650 and it appears that the indicator relay needs changing. Can anyone tell me how much of the fairing do I need to remove to access it?

The indicators are a come on randomly or when I rev the engine up and there is lots of clicking coming from the relay.

Any advice appreciated

JJ

#6 ·
Hi all!

Took the front panel and the screen off and it was accessible on the the left hand side. Even with big hands! It clips on and off so I removed it and opened it up and sprayed some contact cleaner and it is working perfectly.

I'm sure there are going to be other things which crop up as I get it back on the road.

Many thanks,

JJ

#7 · (Edited)
Hi all!

The indicators continued to work intermittently so I finally decided to buy a new relay switch. Unfortunately it's seems not to be the problem but may be an issue to do with the handle bar switch. Any advise on how to deal with this before I blast it with WD40?

Also, can anyone tell me what these two small wires with spade connectors do on the Auto part Pipe Fuel line Exhaust system
incidator lights switches are? I unplug them and everything seems to work the same

Thanks in advance.

JJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.