Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, strange but nice to write in the @ section..

My Transalp and I got hit by a car a few weeks back, insurence company said it was not worth to keep the bike so I got money back for it and bought myself an @ instead, so now I'm here, unfortunatly I've alredy come across a problem with the bike..

After I bought it I gave it a mighty wash, this made the indicators not blink, they lit up but stay lit, no blinking, both rear and front.. Once it dried up it went back to normal so I thought no big deal.. But today when it pooooored down with rain(my first longer ride in heavy rain, with the @) the same thing happened..

Is this a standard problem for the @? Other than this the bike is in mint condition and runs very smooth! It's from 97

Happy for any hints on how to solve this mess, I'm not very handy with the electrics of motorcycles but I'm sure that with a little guidence I'll be able to solve it..

Thanks!

Ps, The crash went fine, got hit from the side and I was going low speed so I was able to jump off the bike in time.. The guy said: I didn't see you.. I explained the scenario to my friend who is a policeofficer and he said that if we'd callen the police and they'd come to the scene they would have pulled his lisence.. well well there you go.. I didnt get injured and I've got a new bike.. All good.. :thumbright:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Two things to check would be the switch and the relay.
If one of these is getting water ingress they could short out and keep the lights on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okey,, I'll check that out.. I would assume that is the case, but then what do I do if that's my problem.. Any hints on how to solve it? Cheers!

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Buy a new relay, they are not too expensive, ensure the spade connectors have rubber covers on them.
The most common cause of the indicators failing to flash is the relay failing to work.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I had this, the relay was full of water. Bought a new one, replaced it, bingo!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Pretty sure this is the one

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
If it's like the Alp relay, they are open to water ingress at one end :confused:

Take it off, clean it up & seal it with silicone.

When wet, mine used to 'tick' quickly - even when the indicators weren't switched on, been fine since.

Phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts