Honda XRV Forum banner

What do you think of the new forum??

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought I'd ask the question to guage reaction, and test the poll function is working OK.

QUESTION: What are your first impressions of the new forum?

:toothy6:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Just read that the calendar will have the facility to notify reminders like mot due etc. Thats one improvement will be great for me.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Thanks all. There is loads of new functionality in the forum. However much of isn't yet configured. It will take some time to sort. As we have a basic forum going I need to need to prioritise some of the other forums now.. So please bear with me. :D

Also there are bits that you won't like.... we can do something about those... so do document those issues in the problem forum.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
i see dave s didn't vote for DaveS for Prime Minister :D:D:D:D

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
i may have found the new sites 1st problem-

the percentages for the poll add up to 124%!!!

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Looking good on the pc. Well done Dave I know it must have been a pain.

Only problem I can see for me is that I use the iPhone browser quite a lot and when you view the new posts the subject appears squashed and cannot be read. I think it would improve with an option for simple formatting, if that is possible

XRV.org.uk rocks

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
I like it...

One thing i don't like (obviously it isn't a priority right now) though is when you click reply it goes to a `quick reply` and you have to click `advanced` to get the `proper` reply window up, with the smilies etc... :p;):D:eek:
Congratulations on being the 1st to mention this. Trust it to be you! :D
I wondered how long it would take.
Yes this is one the niggles, but I think we can't sort it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
New format looks pretty good (once you get used to it).
I'm just glad it's back up & running and I'm sure everyone is very grateful to DaveS and all the other behind the scenes crew for the incredible amount of time & effort they must have put in to keep the forum going and safe for all of us to to use.
Well done & thanks! :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I was getting serious withdrawal symptoms with this site being down.
It took until a little while ago for the DNS to register on my ISP so I could not get on to the site, then it rejected my password so delayed for 15 mins:confused:
Now just trying to get the hang of this new layout.
I will be trying on Tapatalk next. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
As I have mentioned in an earlier thread, we all see the elegant the swan gracefully glide through the water, we don't see the swan's legs paddling frantically under the waters surface.
The XRV website is the same, some of us have no idea of what's been happening behind the scenes, as we view & use the website on a daily basis.
DaveS & the Team et al, have carried out a herculean task worthy of more than a pat on the back, I'm for one will be getting them a beer at least when I finally meet them at the North Wales soiree in September.
Thanks Team from Me & many others

G

·
Congratulations on being the 1st to mention this. Trust it to be you! :D
I wondered how long it would take.
Yes this is one the niggles, but I think we can't sort it.
Not sure but didn't you change it on the Camping forum??

EDIT: My mistake it was a quick reply issue on the CFUK

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
im having a bit of trouble finding my way around , can see a feckin thing with these gas lamps:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
im having a bit of trouble finding my way around , can see a feckin thing with these gas lamps:D:D:D:D:D:D
Perhaps you should have gone to spec-savers.:D:D:D:D:D
It does take some getting used to.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
S0d being Prime Minsiter - DaveS for Emperor of the Universe! :D
Now hold on a sec.That is my Job.He can find his own little island to rule.Oh and this new forum thingy,its rubish:D

Still got the same old smilies.:toothy2::toothy2:

p.s. well its not that bad i guess:D Is that a different pic up loader as well??

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts