Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at putting one of these on the AJP as the original pump/filter setup can cause issues. I've swapped them out now, but some users suggest a post-pump filter is a good idea too. A fiver or so is possibly cheap insurance!

What sort of pressure is generated in a bike efi fuel line, will a unit like this cope with a bike pump? Or any recommendations please?

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
FI generally runs at around 3 bar/45psi, dunno maybe some runs higher?

If you have a decent pre filter is there any need for an additional post pump filter?
If you felt the need, I'd be tempted to use a generic automotive jobby designed for fi than summat out of china?

Anyway, AJP..... Yet another farm bike Steve
Wheres the writeup & pic?

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FI generally runs at around 3 bar/45psi, dunno maybe some runs higher?

If you have a decent pre filter is there any need for an additional post pump filter?
If you felt the need, I'd be tempted to use a generic automotive jobby designed for fi than summat out of china?
It's finding a small enough inline unit that is the problem with small tails on for a 5mm hose line. I now have what I hope, is a good pre-filter, the original items from Delphi disintegrate in unleaded fuel, or possibly the ethanol... who knows. Suffuce to say they were/are complete and utter shite. Henc my swapping out the pumpand filter BEFORE the crap goes into teh injector!!!

Anyway, AJP..... Yet another farm bike Steve
Wheres the writeup & pic?
Oh yes, pure farm bike, as you know, 12" of suspension movement fore and aft is vital when checking stock and rounding up cattle... ;) What is more important, is only 115kgs to picj up when I fall off or more importantly.... get stuck!

Will do a write up if demand is there .... :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts