Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One for Bikesure:

I am buying a bike for my daughter. I know the bike has to be registered in her name for her to get insurance on it. This is because the insurance companies foolishly believed there is some kind of moral risk in allowing someone who has no financial interest in a vehicle to insure it. In reality of course, the entire financial risk is mine, not my 16-year-old daughter's, but the has to be in her name if she wants insurance.

I cannot buy it, keep it in the garage until her birthday and not insure it because the new cash-cow for insurers called continuous insurance enforcement means, if taxed, it must also be insured.

So, rather than buy it and register it as mine for a few weeks, can I insure it in her name even though she won't actually be old enough to ride it, and even then won't be able to take her CBT until the weekend after?

Once insured, presumably I could then ride it under my policy (while I check it out, get it MOT'd or even bring it back from wherever I buy it)?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
You could register it under your name there's no problem there at all but I don't think you will get insurance for her until Molly is the right age.
It does not matter who owns the bike or who's name it is registered under as long as the person riding it is insured and has the owners permission to ride it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts