Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bennetts have just sent through my insurance renewal, coming in at £248 fully comp. Been on confused.com and its come up with Dial direct at £130, never heard of them. Was wondering if anybody else has. Do people just go cheap as pos or do they stay with reputable companies knowing they are hopefully going to get half decent service if and when needed. Not that that is always the case mind?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Phil,

I think that Dial Direct are a brokers, suggest you ring them if your worried, or have any questions.. at the end of the day they are trying to get your business and more importantly to them, your money.

Only one thing i can recommend - make sure that the cover you have is the same as the one you have been quoted.

Past experience is... if its too good to be true, it usually is.... :confused:

Check the policy excess you will have to pay in case of an accident as most sites add a voluntary excess on top of any standard excesses automatically resulting in a lower quote, and a shock come claim time when YOU have to cough up more to repair your beloved bike..

:thumbup:

·
Geeking it out!
1,061 Posts
My wife's car was insured with Dial Direct, she had a prange and they paid up no problem :)

I seem to remember their price went up in the second year quite a bit (before the claim)

·
Unsteady Eddi
170 Posts
i think i did the same as you... but mins a TA600 so mine was about £100. i have no real experience of dealing with them... but they all have to get to some standard...

so im hoping they are ok...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use ebike can be done online i have o5 ta fully comp with recovery £105 i have just sold moto guzzi cali that used to be on same policy and the renual was quoted at £136.50 for both

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got a really good deal from Devitt. £150 fully comp with legal, first bike on a provisional licence at the time as well!! Only £100 excess.

Devitt are underwritten by RBS, always good to see who companies are underwritten by.

I wouldn't always go with recommendations (unless there are lots of negative ones). Even reputable companies can give bad experiences, it's often just your luck.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I've just paid Carole Nash £190 fully comp on my 955 tiger, with full european breakdown cover £200 quid excess and legal cover, although I'm 41 I only passed my bike test a fortnight ago and had no no claims to transfer....I thought that pretty good and I've heard good reports about service too

·
Registered
66 Posts
E-bike for me, 04 Transalp, £110 fully comp with legal, another £49 for full European breakdown cover.Quote direct were £95.00

Try putting the quote through again, i have had this problem before where a quote has been ridiculously high, put it through again and got a much nearer to expected price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts