Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Now down under
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Does any of you use intercoms, bike to bike and/or Rider to pillion? Whats a good buy if anyone knows... I want something to connect mp3 player/mobile phone and 2 way radio for the bike to bike bit. Ive checked ebay and all that, still wondering.... :?

Thanks for the ciggy lighter socket fitting instructions in articles Works a treat. Only problem is the **** keep blowing out of my mouth ( not those **** ) :lol:

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Having tried most systems....tubes in your ears, cheapo headsets from Maplins....£30 radios from Motorola I finally stumped up the cash and bought a Pro series 'Autocom'.....since then I fitted another to my Goldwing (chucked the Honda stuff away) and another one to my road bike. Its the dogs doobries. I use Kenwood TK3101 radios for bike to bike which are pretty good up to a mile or so if you position them right.....can get a lot more through the whippy ariel on the Wing. Couldnt be arsed to get the MP3 hard wired in so I have a small FM transmitter fitted to my iPod...cost about £20 on flea-bay...... and recieve it through the Wings radio..... passenger can operate the shuffle/select etc.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
ive got the autocom system 7 very pleased with it works with mobile phone
and mp3 etc just simple plug in and go superb with the ipod:thumbright:

we got the motorrolla radios with it and they seem to work nicely too :D

·
Tropical Member
2,037 Posts
Autocom Pro 7 series, me too, haven't actually managed to use it on the bike yet, as haven't had the chance to buy "she who must be obeyed" a decent helmet to fit them into. On a trial run in the living room, with the electric fan turned up to "typhoon" speed, they seem to work pretty well. Good write ups too. :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Intercom

Hi
There no cheap ways to talk to passengers or other bikes!
The Autocom systems are the best: they really do work :D

Pricey mind :cry:
The best route is the pro 7 you can fix it under the seat and bike power it(lead extra).
Radio, you can get a Kenwood TK-3207 on flee bay £60 and power lead £20.
Go for the PTT(push to talk) button, also extra but more effective than Vox.

All in around £250, once bought you can fit to any bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm using Autocom also (just intercom so far). Just installed Active Plus few weeks ago and it works very well, I can recommend Autocom...not cheap, but quality costs!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yep I too have tried the sthethoscope things, other electirc ones, but the Autocm is superb

Really clear at 90mph

The one I got was one of the reduced models earlier in the year. About £90 I think

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Autocom gets a vote here as well.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
As the sig block says, I have the Autocom Avi Pro and it's worth every penny.

Last time it was used in anger I had the wife on the back, 70mph, GPS telling me where to go, music on and on the phone, both of us. It's great, and the noise cancelling mics mean there's no shouted conversation.

The Avi Pro has a noise sensor, which picks up the increase in speed/noise, and raises the system volume, whilst cutting down the mic sensitivity. Brilliant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts