Honda XRV Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
You may think whatever you like, sir, but the fact remains that a lot of people are having issues with the pump they have been sold, and with this thread we're discussing those issues. If you feel it's not a problem that a bunch of people are dissatisfied with a product they bought from you, then by all means go ahead and 'close the case' by not participating any further.

I have no axes to grind with anyone here, but I do start to question things, when the manufacturer tells me directly that the product is way out of spec for the application it's sold for. Wouldn't it be better for your customers if you engaged with Facet to find the best suitable product, instead of ignoring the problem?

But no, you didn't make any such claims, I know, and I know many people are perfectly happy with the pump. (and I didn't ask for my money back, did I?) I'm also not trying to dent your pristine reputation in any way (you seem to be doing that just fine with your 2 replies here) but you are the one who sold the product, so maybe that's why your company name was mentioned?

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, I bought the 40178 model, but didn't install it yet. I'm hoping to find time this weekend, and will report back on my findings.
can I ask where you got your pump mate? In the uk? I am struggling to find that model

·
Registered
117 Posts
I struggled to find the 40178 as TJE suggested, and went for the 40177 that I could instead find in US. On my RD03 I had installed 2 times a 40105 (that runs fine on the RD07, the first served me for 55k miles, the 2nd is still there) but, especially in the 2nd case (the first I thought it was cooked by a R/R failure), was very noisy and eventually had kicked the bucket.
I have been running the 40177 for more than a year and it goes as a treat. So I do advice it and confirm this TJE useful post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks buddy ... I will keep looking for the 40177 then ... in the mean time I have ordered one of the OEM repair kits ... I have tried 2 of the 40105 now ... really noises and rich running drops my confidence for a road trip! Thanks again

·
Space Emperor
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
can I ask where you got your pump mate? In the uk? I am struggling to find that model
I bought it at Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co in the US. Yeah, import tax etc :(

The pump is still running fine, by the way! I highly recommend it

·
Space Emperor
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
A quick update for whatever it's worth at this point. Had the 40178 pump running smoothly for about 6 years now. No issues / sounds whatsoever, and the.bike runs great. For anyone interested, here's where I bought it

61 - 66 of 66 Posts