Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just to update you on how i have been butchering my once pristine dom:

In addition to the toolbox/sumpguard, i am intending to fit a new fairing (obtained from African Queens - its a universal fairing). I also have some twin headlights bought off e-bay. Ive got a fair bit of fabrication to do to make them all fit. Heres a couple of mock up picks (giving myself a rough idea of height i want to fit it).

Also now fitted is a new Acerbis 22 ltr tank. as they dont make one for the '88 any more I took a gamble and got one for an XR650l as its roughly the same frame (so i hoped).

Bugger :evil: it didnt fit at all at first. So after much headscratching and looking at it :? , thought about hacking into the frame - no way. mocked up position on pieces of wood until i was happy - then made new set of brackets and an arch that lifts the tank off the frame by a couple of inches.

It is now in final position and is rock solid. Filled with fuel and connected to carb and all works fine.

Just got to sort out the seat as it looks a mess at the moment - but ive got some ideas for that.

If in the end it all turns to crap i can still put all the old bits back on :lol: .

S

·
0 Posts
Looking sharp Anton88 8) Keep us posted and let us know when you set off for the Dakar :D Nice to see someone NOT supermotoing a dual sport.

·
What did I do that for...
468 Posts
Wow,

I like the front fairing...and err, the rest :lol:

Gonna be sweet when its done. Keep the piccies coming :thumbup:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
that tank looks the nuts 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
Hhhmmmmmm. I like that. Shame the fairing was so much - I'd like something like that for my forthcoming AT project, but attached directly to the forks to lose the weight of the subframe. All in all that looks damned good to me, and I agree with squirrelciv - nice to see someone taking this route rather than the supermoto one.

Keep us informed!

Stig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts