Honda XRV Forum banner

Introducing myself

818 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  digitalcaptive 
#1 ·
Hi folks, I'm Dogwheel, mainly because my house is called The Dogwheel, as it has a dogwheel, which is like a great big hamster wheel and was used to turn meat on a spit, many years ago, driven by 1 dogpower.
I am of advanced years and therefore have too many motorbikes, mostly of little value, including a slightly "trialised" XL 185, and an XL250RC. One of my interests is Observing, mainly on Pre'65 Trials , so these bikes are ideal transport to fairly local trials and then getting down into the Sections where I am to observe, and having a bit of legit off-road fun as well. I'm happy with the little trailies, especially the comfort of the 250, but road work gets a bit of a drag after 30 miles or so.
I have an old BMW R100RS road bike which has done well over 100,000 miles so is getting a bit weary, I'm hoping to repace the BM and perhaps the XL250 with a bigger 50/50 trail bike that could do both jobs, I've tried a Transalp, found it great, but feel all that expensive plastic is very vulnerable (offroad), I know just how excellent XR400's are, but I'm looking for Electric Start and the ability to hang some luggage on the bike.
Any ideas? yes I do fancy an AT.
Keep safe,
Dogwheel.

#8 ·
Hi Folks, and many thanks to all who posted a welcome----still dreamin of the right AT, somehow I feel it's going to be an Alp---"crash bars" advice certainly makes sense, the Touratech ones seem to give the most protection, but, aren't they a price!
I try to get to (Mostly pre'65) trials in the West Mids/Shropshire/Border area, and will try to get some pics.
Cheers, Dogwheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.