Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pre warning, i dont know how to rotate pictures :)

So me and my old man thought we'd have a trip to wales, instead on the easy route down the A40 to south wales we decided to go to north wales without using motorways.
So threw the panniers on the bikes and headed up on the A44 to Rhayader. From there we had a look around the Elan valley and continued to Aberystwyth where we filled up with fuel, i only put in 13 litres after 170 miles :thumbup:.
We then travelled north on the A487 through Machynlleth and Dogellau where we then joined the A470. We stayed the night at Beddgelert in a hotel called the saracens head, which was very nice downstairs but the rooms not so the carpark was undergoing some work so that was our off-roading sorted! The food was nice which was all that matterd.
In the morning we travelled up the mountain road (past where the xrv2011 camping weekend is i believe) had a look at snowdon and then continued to Betws-y-coed.
The Brecon Beacons was calling, so we jumped on the A470 all the way, with a few diversions to see verious sites, to Brecon. Stopped at the famous fast bites (i think) that looks up to Pen-y-fan.
Anyway it was an easy route back along the A40 stopping at the Abergavenny bus station to have a look at the bikes and also the car i've just placed an order on!
Weather was decent the whole way until we reached Oxford where it pissed down!

All in all a good two days! :) Bikes both preformed faultlessly and my new tyres and helmet are awsome!

Ed

Attachments

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
picture 7 the right way up where was that the views look cool.

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Nice trip. Great pics too, even if I have put my back out trying to get them the right way round :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
picture 7 the right way up where was that the views look cool.
That is on the road up to snowdon, i think the campsite for the national is in that valley, ill try and work out how to turn the pictures around tomorrow sorry for any pain or cramp caused

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
That is on the road up to snowdon, i think the campsite for the national is in that valley, ill try and work out how to turn the pictures around tomorrow sorry for any pain or cramp caused
Yes its opposite the camp site on the road too Pen y pass.

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Palmer old chap - what do you think of the panniers?? Thinking of getting some for my XTZ750.... how much were they?

Ta

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Palmer old chap - what do you think of the panniers?? Thinking of getting some for my XTZ750.... how much were they?

Ta
There awsome mate, they have a double skin as well so you can store 3 litres of water if you fit the tap, ill find out the receipt where they came from for you

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Lovely photos, and looks like a great weekend.

It's probably easiest to rotate photos on your PC before uploading to the site. Your PC's photo viewer almost certainly has buttons to rotate; look for clockwise and anti-clockwise arrows (probably near the "forward" and "backwards" buttons) or a "Fix" menu.

You might not be able to do much about the copies on this thread already, but you can rotate the originals on your PC and resubmit.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Are you sure those pictures are sideways, or are the welsh hills that steep :thumbup:

Great pics :cool:

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Nice trip.

Layed down to look at the pics n had a lovely snooze!

·
Midlife pah done that
1,107 Posts

Ta
Those are the Hepco and Becker 'Gobi' panniers, I have a set very good. Got them from Motorbikes and Parts. I paid £330for the pair, best bit is they come with locks and lock to the frames. Pannier racks were very easy to fit. Check Motobins as well, they are the H&P importers but I found Motorbikes and Parts cheaper, although they were delivered direct from Motobins !

Also I understand that these panniers were fitted to a lot of KTM's (branded) but a lot sell them on so my be worth checking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts