Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Transalp Riders!

In name of the Transalp Club Hellas I would like to invite you all to the 16. International Transalp Treffen 2008 in Parga, Greece, held from May 1. to May 4. 2008.

Info: http://www.itt2008.com

Here is the invitation I received from Kostas and which I would like to share with you:

Bernard 'Two Plugs' Stikfort
Vice President www.transalpclub.nl

Kostas Chatzithomaoglou wrote op 01.11.2007 11:46 to [email protected]

Hi Bernard !!
I'm happy to hear you again ! Preparations concerning ITT goes well. The website is on-line couple of days now (www.itt2008.com) and we already have some guys from Germany and Italy have submitted their
participation.

Our club treasurer is going to present us the final cost for each participant during the next 5-6 days (less). This is the only basic pending issue related to our schedule. We are almost sure that the price for each participant with all included for the days of ITT , it'll be around 130Euro. Price is fare, on a very nice hotel situated on the Parga's main Beach.

Separated studios with sea view, breakfast and meal. With facilities for more than 200 people and the camping beside the Hotel. The hotelier is very enthusiastic and the Parga's mayor is willing to support us also.

We are planing to offer/support a variety of events during this days, like sailing excursion to Paxos island, guided and/or map-guided motorcycle trips in the nearby area, archaeological and underwater sightseeing. Also a funny game it 'll take place one of the days evening.

I'm also working on some trip-packages, for those are interesting to stay few more days after or before ITT.
Also one trip with suggested directions for those are going to participate in Hungary's VIM. (the Greek part)

The next days it 'll be important for the organization team, as we are doing the final arrangements for the days schedule, the rooms arrangement procedure, and the number of participants we are able to accept.

I believe after 15th of November we 'll flood the Internet related media with "stable" info regarding the event.

For sure you can forward the above info to anyone is interesting.

Greetings to you and your wife and also to all dutch members during your annual meeting.

I'll keep you informed about the next important news. Stay tuned to the itt's website also !

Kind regards
Kostas Chatzithomaoglou and the organization team.
Transalp Club Hellas.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Great! We are looking forward to see you there, Barry! And ofcourse all the other Transalp Riders!
It will be interesting to see if you can get more UK Transalp riders to Greece than Varadero riders for their VIM in 2002. I am not too optomistic.:?

BTW, I have asked the Greek organisers if they will be arranging a discount on the Ferry from Italy to Greece. They got a very good discount for the VIM.;)

You still OK for April:D

Cheers,

Barry

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@ Barry: every thing has being arranged for April 1... Your room is booked (off topic...) Brenda is also included!

@ Phil: we can't have a serious ITT without you... you made quit an impression at the stone quarry last ITT!

@ Both: Yep, we do hope that we could increase the numbers of UK Transalp Riders attending to ITT... best part? You can combine it perfectly with VIM only one week after ITT!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys 'n Girls,

How does it come that the most important TRANSALP rally is hanging on the bottom of the Meet Ups / Rideouts topic?

The participators list is already online:
http://www.itt2008.com/index.php?pr=Participants

There are only Germans, a few Italians, 2 Dutch (its me... and my lady) and one UK rider listed till now... And many Greek!

Further details can be found at the exclusive ITT website: www.itt2008.com

Make sure that you won't be missing the most important (and oldest!) Transalp gathering of the year!

It will be May 1st before you know... And Greece is a great place to ride that time of the year! ;)

CU in Parga!!!

·
Registered
7,723 Posts
A quick bump!

Now booked for this :D:D:D

Misspigugly & I are heading to Greece & making a month long trip of it.
Well. it'd be a shame not to, wouldn't it :rolleyes:

Any tips on 'must see' areas, greatly recieved.

Phil

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A quick bump!

Now booked for this :D:D:D

Phil
Hi Phil!

Great to have you back. There is already a ferry discount for Superfast Ferries from Ancona to Igoumenitsa (50 % discount), keep visiting www.itt2008.com for details. The organisation is working on a ferry discount from/to Venice-Igoumenitsa v.v.

We got a new nation attending to ITT next year, Romania!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

Phil
Well, if you're making a month of it, then a day in London on the way, including the night chez Whealie, would seem a good way to start.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Well, if you're making a month of it, then a day in London on the way, including the night chez Whealie, would seem a good way to start.
We could meet up in London somewhere for drinks.Could get the train in so we do not have to drive/ride and could have half a pint;):D:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ooooh, go on then :D
Especially as the ITT will be a very special trip for us ;) (more news as it comes....)

Phil
Well... You've certainly got my attention right now!

Bad news for those who haven't subscribed (yet):

The registration to ITT2008 has been stopped for this moment. All accomodations at the ITT location have been booked, which is a grand record!

The message from the HTC treasurer:

"... Dear ITT2008 Participant,
As you can see in our Official ITT2008 web site, temporarily we stop the bookings for the event of ITT2008 in Parga. This is due to the bookings we already received for all bungalows that we have available at the moment in Parga Beach Hotel.

We will try to make arrangements for another hotel in the area and reopen the booking procedure as soon as possible. As you can see in our participants list your booking is registered but not confirmed yet.
For those who have registered, please confirm your registration ASAP by transferring the participation fee ASAP to the HTC ITT2008 account!

Thank you and hope to meet you in Parga.
Pavlos Angelidis
Treasurer
Hellas Transalp Club..."

We are both 'in', and how about you? ;)
Keep visiting the ITT2008 site for updates, as promissed by Pavlos the organisation is looking to find additional accomodations.

@ Phil: We are taking apr. 3 weeks of travelling from NL to Greece, from Greece to www.vim10.com in Hungary and from there back to home. Any chances that we are going to meet the both of you at VIM as well?

CU

1 - 20 of 22 Posts