Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After some consideration we decided to tour the Southern part of Ireland, basicaly Holyhead, Dublin,Wicklow,Wexford, Cork, Killarney, Limerick, Portloise, Dublin then home.

First stop a long named place in Anglesey :D

Ferry out of Holyhead

After a fun run around Dublin :rolleyes: we made it to the Wicklow mountains and the Wicklow Gap

Follwed the Vale of Glendalough to the round tower

After our first night at The Woodenbridge Hotel we headed for the coast

We making our way down to Wexford which was not far and hoping to ditch our gear and carry on down to Kilmore Quey but the heavens opened and we got soaked, so into the hotel bar ;) 4 pints later the sun came out :rolleyes:

So too many to ride so lets find a Kaylee :p The Sky and The Ground, great pub :thumbup:

Next morning off to Waterford for full wet weather gear :blob7::blob7::blob7: 140 Euros later ready for anything :D via the Ballyhack ferry

We followed the coast road all the way to our next Hotel in Ballcotton Bay, Via Tramore, Dungarvan, Youghal

Next morning we woke to glorious sunshine and a great breakfast

Quick Pilgrimage to the Jamesons Distillery in Midleton

My Kind of Bar :D

This was going to be a long day, Cobh to Passage West on a little ferry, on to Kinsale, Clonakilty,Skibberreen and on to Mizen Head

Our first stop on the Mizen Peninsular was Skull odd name but a nice place :p

From there we saw Seals and a traditional sailing boat that was featured on Coast, on to Crookhaven for a fantastic lunch

Barley Cove

Mizen Head

From the bridge

Looking back East

After this we headed to Killarney via the Caha Pass truly stunning

Next day we did the Dingle Peninsular via Inch beach, we rode two up right to the end when it got a bit soft so Catherine got off and I got it out ( waits for the jokes to pour in :D:D:D)

On to Slea Head and got talking to the Dolphin Spotters had a great chat for ages watching Dolpins through their Telescopes too far away to photograph though ;)

Then over Connors pass to Brandon Bay superb

Next day The Ring of Kerry, we were up and out of the hotel by 7am first the Gap of Dunloe

Up to Molls gap with The gap of Dunloe on the left

We followed the ring around to Ballinskellig Bay

We did the Skellig ecperience without actually goiung out to them too rough :rolleyes: but next time a deffo ;) so on up to Valentia Island and right to the top of the Geokaun Mountain :thumbright:

From here we went on to see freinds in Kilaloe on the banks of the Shannon

Lough Derg

We stopped in Portloise for a couple of days went to Kilkenny and then back to Dublin

Both Catherine and I enjoyed the trip we were lucky with the weather, the hotels were great and the food and friendliness of everyone we met was superb, even if Guiness is £4 a pint :eek:

The bike performed brilliantly two up with full luggage and no problems at all 1350 miles of total biking heaven. :angel9:

Just want to go back and do the bits we missed :(

Aint that a great shot :thumbright::thumbright::thumbright:

go raibh maith agat Ireland :thumbup:

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Great report Rob, fantastic pictures :thumbright::thumbright:

Last one is a calender photo

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Great report, nice pics, stunning scenery.

I've not done Ireland for a few yrs now, must go back!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Catherine got off, you got it out and went straight for the ring of Kerry?

Sounds like all three of you had a wild time:D

Great photos. Ireland in the sunshine is beautiful. About three other people ever have experienced it like that.;)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the nice comments guys :thumbright:

Especially Whealies :rolleyes: :D:D:D

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice one

Got to go there

C

·
0 Posts
What, you were over here ? And in Portlaoise ? My home place is just three miles outside of the town. Were you in Galway too, I saw a UK reg Transalp 2-up there that looked very much like yours ? Great pics and looks like you had a whale of a time :thumbright:

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Nice one Frad, look like you had a great time. I've only been to N.Ireland before so I must get south of the border.

·
My Blue Beast
756 Posts

what a cracking report. fab pics and lovely weather. never been to ireland but now its really tempting !! oh one question........how much did you pay the leprechaun to take this shot ?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

what a cracking report. fab pics and lovely weather. never been to ireland but now its really tempting !! oh one question........how much did you pay the leprechaun to take this shot ?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Took me ages to find him and even longer to do the deal :D

We settled on a couple of pints of the black stuff :D:D:D

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Ireland is a wonderful place, especially if you are lucky with the weather... which is rare! National 2010 anyone? (But if the weather turns out bad you'll all blame me :rolleyes: )

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
Looks and sounds like you both had a great trip.

Some fantastic photos there Frad. :thumbright:

·
chrisb
59 Posts
Rob,
Are you on commission from Bord Failte ( our Tourism Board ) ?
I am so gald you both enjoyed Ireland and your brilliant photos say it all. My other half wants to "go there" now, having seen your photos.:D The Transalp is such a suitable bike for Ireland IMO.
Thankfully you got some good weather, it makes such a difference.
Many thanks for your report.

And the "coupla focal" ...well done...Go raibh mile maith agat Frad ;)
"Sure we've the best Country in the World if only we could only roof it " :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts