Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if my iridium visor is legal ?
I have read the past threads on tinted, coloured visors etc and I am still unsure how I stand in the eyes of the law. ( no pun intended )
My visor does not have an "E" stamp on it as mentioned in past threads.

Went for a short blast today using my clear visor for the first time in ages and gotta say, my iridium was far safer riding into the sun.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Forgot to say, I don't like wearing sunglasses on a longish trip, hence the iridium visor

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
They are illegal to use on the road.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
DaveS said:
They are illegal to use on the road.
However I've never been stopped for wearing a dark visor and I always carry a clear one with me.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
how do you find them wear and tear wise ive heard they scratch really easilly :?

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
lowflyer said:
My visor does not have an "E" stamp on it as mentioned in past threads.
That's what the coppers will check for. If it's got an E mark you're okay, if not you're not. Simple. 8)

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Robster said:
The iridium ones I dont think scratch any easier than any other visor, I guess it just shows up the scratches, dirt, bugs, fingerprints etc more as you cant see right through it from the outside.

I've got a nice black visor sitting waiting for the Spring to go on the Tour X 8)
hmmmm got to get me one of those they look sooper cool with the white tour x 8)

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Unoffically the guys at clark bmw.. have told me that the laws on tinted/iridium are "being relaxed" and they have ordered a bunch to be in in Feburary.. Dont know what that means exactly.. but if anyone wants one for there bmw lids... clarks will have em soon.. (I can recomend these guys too, they are top blokes and have never tried to get me off the AT on to a GS.. worst thing that have done pressure sales wise is say if i buy that autocom they can get it fitted for me for free.... to bad i was not in the market (yet)

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Hi Guys,

Thanks for response. This is my helmet with the iridium visor fitted. It does look the part and after all your comments, I am going to keep the visor as it is and sod the bobbies !!!
I was always under the impression that the cops would set out to get missile merchants and use the visor issue as a means to pull them in, and hopefully leave us trailies alone.
This may be wishful thinking on my part, and maybe I do live in an airy fairy land where the clouds are fluffy and pink etc etc. but I have a spare clear visor and will buy a visor belt just in case.

The iridium visor does not scratch any worse than a clear one, although I noticed it does show up fingermarks more readily.

Thanks again

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Kymmy said:
My flip helmet has a dark inbuilt semi visor beneath the main clear visor. The dark visor is easily lowered by a side lever that's simple to use whilst wearing gloves.

http://www.caberg-helm.com/home.aspx?xL=e

Kymmy 8)
I agree Kymmy , the best solution I've found . I have a Nolan Flip that has a tinted second visor that can be lowered and raised as required.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts