Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, having just got back from the TLD2010 loved a few of the passes we did on the way back. Connars pass on the dingle, and the road due south across the hills from Camp, also on the dingle.

Plus the Gap of Dunlow on the ring of kerry. Enter from the north and ride thorugh all the tourist stuff, getting to some fun little gravel roads that are prefectly manageable even on my tiger. Leave some time, it takes a whiole to come out the other end, but its worth it.

I am now looking for some thrills in the western highlands were i am taking my wife for a week in mid July. We are based on the Ardnamurchan side but will get a few days out on the bike. Looking for some high passes, lonely roads etc. the routes that the mountian goats take. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
417 Posts
Applecross should be the first place on your list

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have also came into Applecross from the north side. Its a twisty up and down single track road with a good surface as far as i remember. But watch out for the loose gravel etc etc. Some lovely scenery though. It does get better the nearer you get to Applecross itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts