Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new throw-over panniers on Friday and have been playing with ways of securing them, one of the options is to put one of the straps under the seat.

However, with or without the panniers, the seat is such a bugger to put back on with all four clips in place. Does anyone else notice this or is my seat just out of shape? Whenever I get the front/tank clips in the offside rear doesn't engage, and if I get the rear in the front is flapping about. After 5 minutes of wiggling I get it sorted, but this should be easier!

Also I noticed the seat is made by Shad, which is a spanish top box manufacturer based in Barcelona (just down the road from me), I wonder if they are making the Honda luggage and not Givi, Shad stuff looks very similar to Givi?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi-seat can be a pain,but there is a definate knack to it-think best way is to just lift it into position then slide it straight forward for the last 30-40mm. I admit i had a few probs when i got mine but now it is so easy.
Just needs practice!
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes, a definate knack. I just offer it up angled down at the front a little but about an inch or two back. Then let it drop and from the back push forward till it is fully home. Then it should just push down and click/lock at the back.

I have noticed with mine though that even the smallest restriction under the seat makes it impossible to fit. You will have to be careful where the straps go and not have any clips/buckles under there.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll keep practicing, having the top box on definitely makes it a lot harder!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yip - agree with the above. Best method I've found is to line up the front of the seat to ensure you get the two lugs engaged on the tank, an dthen press down and wiggle the back of the seat until it drops into the lock. Top box makes it tight but not impossible !:thumbup:

Iain

·
Registered
12 Posts
Top boxes make it a million times harder as you cant get the seat in the right place I had this problem time over with my old Varadero monkey box and seat so I bought the raised plate topbox for my TA :)

Hope this helps

·
Registered
73 Posts
Called in at my Dealer today as I couldnt get my seat to fit properly. He nipped it into the workshop and threw a gallon of silicone lube on the tank pins, seat hooks, frame rails and rectangular bearing blocks under seat. Seat now slips on like knife through butter. :thumbright:

·
Xi dwejjaq member
921 Posts
Dodgy fitting

And there I was assuming it was just my own inept ignorance making TA seat re-fitting such an awkward to do chore.
Now, so. Where's that silicone ?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I used to find the season the 650 a right pain to get on then I stopped trying to force it and it just slipped into place.

·
Xi dwejjaq member
921 Posts
Is Stumpy Fingers A Zen Master ?

So, clear the mind and go with the flow when refitting a TA seat !

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Re: Is Stumpy Fingers A Zen Master ?

So, clear the mind and go with the flow when refitting a TA seat !
Or we could start taking the tablets.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I find the same as Stumpy. Just offer up the seat a little to the rear ans slide forward. Don't force it. Fat-mal:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts