Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over here there are a lot of contemporary programmes shown, bought in by the Estonian TV stations.

Some they often show are the CSI type programs. One of them is NCIS.

Has anyone ever watched this?

Is it me, or is it not dripping with Republican propaganda type content? Owning guns is good, join the army to be a good citizen, terrorists are everywhere, Israel is our best friend and the like...

I may be wrong, but it seems a bit low to now have fictional entertainment peddling political motives.

Has anyone else ever noticed this type of thing, US based or otherwise?

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
forget about the soap opera tv pulp rubbish, youre wasting your time. watch
TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE

the finest and most realistic yankee propaganda movie ever made

kill all those Durkadurkastani bast##ds!

L

·
0 Posts
I suppose it depends if you're weak minded enough to be swayed by what is a piece of fiction..

All three CSI's, both NCIS's are great TV, but that's all it is.. There's more like Bones, In plain sight, The Bridge, Vampire Diaries, Smallville, all the Stargates, Chuck, house, trauma, miami medical, mercy, greys anatomy, private practice, human target, Criminal minds, Mentalist, Law and order (Criminal intent and Special victims) and one of the best shows is Sons of Anarchy (can't wait for season 3)

There's also extremely factual shows like Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show, southpark and two new ones that are just totally weird "Archer" and "Ugly Americans"

;) :p :D

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
miss K you watch far too much TV to have an informed opinion of so many.
I would like to point out though that Stargate is not a work of fiction, it's real, and if you don't believe me drive up the M6, there is a stargate located in a field to the left if you are heading north.
I pass it every tuesday and I am just waiting for the gaould' to make an appearance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzrTK0YPIF4

Ps Anubis is just an unascended fart.

I suppose it depends if you're weak minded enough to be swayed by what is a piece of fiction..

All three CSI's, both NCIS's are great TV, but that's all it is.. There's more like Bones, In plain sight, The Bridge, Vampire Diaries, Smallville, all the Stargates, Chuck, house, trauma, miami medical, mercy, greys anatomy, private practice, human target, Criminal minds, Mentalist, Law and order (Criminal intent and Special victims) and one of the best shows is Sons of Anarchy (can't wait for season 3)

There's also extremely factual shows like Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show, southpark and two new ones that are just totally weird "Archer" and "Ugly Americans"

;) :p :D

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I pass it every tuesday and I am just waiting for the gaould' to make an appearance.
you should try on monday wednesday thursday or friday theres load of em.
tuesday is their day off:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I actually like NCIS.
I think escapism is good once in a while.I also like Bones, Stargate and NCIS Los Angeles. I think these programs are the most believable fictional programs to come out of the US.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
There's a difference between being weak minded and not knowing any different. People in the Soviet Union weren't arbitrarily weak-minded, they just weren't given more information to work with...

The UK has home produced TV, but also american, australian etc etc, so we see stuff from more than one perspective.

I think that in the US, it's mostly from the US. Formats they like from elsewhere are simply reproduced (the Office, etc). Allegedly the 2004 Tsunami was not even heavily reported, if at all on some networks in the States!! So priorities are possibly veeery different..

So if this limited view of the world is to be believed and if this is typically all that people are shown, the question remains: is it right to peddle politics like this?

I don't remember The Bill saying how nailing Saddam's ass was what they lived for...

As a foot note, Team America rocks! Top Gun Actor!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts