Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the whispers from the Dark Side that enter my head with increasing frequency? Ever since they brought out the F800 GS I keep hearing the voices telling me I really, really want one. Try as I might I just can not get rid of the notion, please help me, someone tell me that I do not really, really need one!:confused:

Andy.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Come up to Edinburgh and try one. Motorrad Central East have one and I was out on it last week. I must admit it wasn't the bike for me but I can see the attraction. If you are going to take it out see if they can put the standard seat on as the low sear was so uncomfy and after a few miles all I could think of was my numb bum.

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
For the whispers from the Dark Side that enter my head with increasing frequency? Ever since they brought out the F800 GS I keep hearing the voices telling me I really, really want one. Try as I might I just can not get rid of the notion, please help me, someone tell me that I do not really, really need one!:confused:

Andy.
Don't do it andy, stay true to trumpets and besides it aint going to be any better at crossing wet sand:rolleyes:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
Yes there is a cure, i have recently taken the cure and it works...

Bling your bike up, by something for it, anything that makes you want to look at your bike again and want to ride it.

With me it was Crash Bars... sounds simple, and it is. Spent a days fettling round paleriders garage on Saturday and we fitted the bars and did both oils and filters on our bikes and it's given me that spark again.

Buy a new screen for the tiger or something to change it a bit and it willkeep the voices at bay... for now anyway ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Yes there is a cure, i have recently taken the cure and it works...

Bling your bike up, by something for it, anything that makes you want to look at your bike again and want to ride it.
I am taking this to extreme, gutting and stripping a bike to the frame, getting the done and new Buano front end.

I was told the other day that I can even buy a whole brand new wiring loom, which I am going to check.

I won't spend a third of the price of a new bike but that's what I'll have in effect. And it will have been built to my own spec and painted in my own colours (a Zebra, obviously).

It is actually quite exciting just taking bits off and thinking how clean and shiny they will all be one day soon.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Honda has not bought out a cure so Even I am toying with the notion of getting a BMW F800GS next.
I may well try getting a Pan next to get the "I have always wanted one" feeling out of my system.
If I get one I will also get a VX1 which requires £2,000 every 50,000 miles for new batteries. It has a forty mile range before recharging.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Andy

Its Looking for you :D

Sharrie is going to Look (probably trade hers in for one on Wednesday)

·
Ooh Aah Cantona!
177 Posts
Lets rename the forum:D:D

What to?
"Why The Kin Hell Did I Buy This Over Engineereed Piece Of German Sh*te That Needs To Be Mended With A Computer Rather Than A Traditional Spanner Whoose Final Drive Will Probably Last Not Much More Than A Fortnight When I Should Have Bought A Honda Like The Normal Sane Rational People Do. I Have Made The Biggest And Costliest Mistake Of My Life And I On A Limited Biking Budget Now Regret It"

Imagine instead of XRV.ORG the club sticker would read
WTKHDIBTOEPOGSTNTBMWACRTATSWFDWPLNMMTAFWISHBAHLTNSRPDIHMTBACMOMAIOALBBNRI.ORG
We will all need bigger places to put our stickers
Keep the faith, stick with Honda:thumbup:

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Come up to Edinburgh and try one. Motorrad Central East have one and I was out on it last week. I must admit it wasn't the bike for me but I can see the attraction. If you are going to take it out see if they can put the standard seat on as the low sear was so uncomfy and after a few miles all I could think of was my numb bum.
They wanted me to take a test ride the last time I was in there but I refused as I just knew if I rode it I would want it. :confused:

Andy.

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
You're going to need a car for that mate... Or the side of a lorry. ;-)

Whealie: Rebuilding a bike sounds like excellent fun. I've considered it, though knowing myself I'm never going to find the time to even finish stripping the thing so it's not gonna happen... :-/

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Cant have that as a forum name. because its a village of 2 sheep sheds in west Wales.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts