Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I not looking hard enough or is there no section for CRF 1000 on this forum ? The other dedicated CRF 1000 forum Iv'e found seems to be tailored to the USA rider. Wheres the best place to discuss on this side of the pond ?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Nope i asked 2 years ago if there was going to be a dedicated page for it admin never replied didnt seem at all interested maybe that's why there isn't a lot of posts about the CRF1000L on here it all gets mixed in with the XRV so annoying if you want to read about the CRF

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just back from a 120 mile ride on mine :p

You will find the odd post but it's a bit sporadic.
I've posted details of a few upgrades in the How To section (heated grips, auxiliary fuse box, centre stand etc).
Just fitted a set of fog lights and will write that up when I have a moment

IMG_2402.jpg

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Just back from a 120 mile ride on mine :p

You will find the odd post but it's a bit sporadic.
I've posted details of a few upgrades in the How To section (heated grips, auxiliary fuse box, centre stand etc).
Just fitted a set of fog lights and will write that up when I have a moment

View attachment 132866
How you getting on with it Sheep mine is now out of warranty only problem i got is not enough time to ride it last time i was out on it was new years day too much work not enough play :mad:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Loving every mile :blob8:

Need to get a good trip in though to see how it carries the weight and alpine passes. Unusually, I've manged to ride throughout the winter on it.
Gave to the ACF-50 treatment when new and just tried to avoid wet salty roads. Just been a bike I could just jump on and ride and the DCT gearbox is sublime.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gave to the ACF-50 treatment when new and just tried to avoid wet salty roads.
I've been either brave or stupid, or probably a bit of each. I gave it a good ACF50 covering before winter (seems so long ago now) and not given it a (good) wash since. There's still a lot of salt around (especially at work...!), but might be brave and see what's under the crud and see if the ACF50 worked and wash it at the weekend.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Loving every mile :blob8:

Need to get a good trip in though to see how it carries the weight and alpine passes. Unusually, I've manged to ride throughout the winter on it.
Gave to the ACF-50 treatment when new and just tried to avoid wet salty roads. Just been a bike I could just jump on and ride and the DCT gearbox is sublime.
Good to hear :thumbright: I'm working away from home at the moment hence the long time to reply. The bike is great one up and loaded with luggage but i find it a bit under sprung when the wife is on board as well so going to fit a hyper pro spring this year now the warranty is up, lots are saying it transforms the bike two up so we'll see

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
I've been either brave or stupid, or probably a bit of each. I gave it a good ACF50 covering before winter (seems so long ago now) and not given it a (good) wash since. There's still a lot of salt around (especially at work...!), but might be brave and see what's under the crud and see if the ACF50 worked and wash it at the weekend.
I think that's what you are supposed to do with ACF50 so should be ok

1 - 9 of 9 Posts