Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just overheard on the news something about a police officer being sued for bumping into an elderly lady while in persuit of a criminal. She was injured apparently. The court found he was, get this ''running too fast''!!!!!! WTF !!!!! and he was in breach of his duty of care to this elderly lady.

Now I can understand why she wasnt happy - but this police officer was chasing a criminal on foot - the same sort of person that would mug said old lady.

I swear the world is gone totally mad.

Running too fast - while chasing a criminal !!!!!!!!

I want a drink !

·
Stone Crazy
5,307 Posts
Oh dear WTF next
Merv

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
:cussing: oh god dont get me started this feckin worlds going mad:cussing:

imagine the next time said officer is needed for a pursuit he's just going to go:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: yours:laughing8:

·
Registered
542 Posts
At this rate I might even be able to outrun the police!

So to surmise if they run fast they're in the wrong, if they don't chase they're in the wrong. I'm confused!! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::sad7::sad7::sad7::sad7:

S

·
0 Posts
So what we're left with is Police officers shouting "Stop! Or I'll shout stop again!"

That ought to have the criminal classes quaking in their boots:rolleyes:

I imagine any muggers caught now will have a case that the police 'discriminated' against them on the grounds they were slow runners.

·
Bloody furriner
5,009 Posts
Any mugger worth anything will be able to outrun the plod when they are restricted to a brisk saunter... Shouting will be frowned upon as well, some innocent bystander might get offended.

Though it does kinda fit in with the brown vauxhall diesel. ;-)

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
So what we're left with is Police officers shouting "Stop! Or I'll shout stop again!"

That ought to have the criminal classes quaking in their boots:rolleyes:

I imagine any muggers caught now will have a case that the police 'discriminated' against them on the grounds they were slow runners.
No he will have to say... quietly "oh please stop"....
cus ordering a crim to stop could be offencive.. and if he shouts well that is noise polution and will get sued for that too...

.. sueing for bumping into some one oh for f*cks sake...f*cken bastards the lot of em..I hope she get mugged on the way home for the case.. and no copper helps her out..

·
All the gear...no idea
472 Posts
see that you have seen robin williams at the met. you havnt got a copy that you want to sell have you, been loking for one for a while but they are allon video and i'm one of those tech heads who thinks video is dead and dont own a player

·
Stone Crazy
5,307 Posts
Like the scroat that nicked a moped the other , the police could not chase him as he was not wearing a helmet.:confused2::confused2::confused2::confused2:
merv

S

·
0 Posts
see that you have seen robin williams at the met. you havnt got a copy that you want to sell have you, been loking for one for a while but they are allon video and i'm one of those tech heads who thinks video is dead and dont own a player
Nope, sorry matey, Knew I'd got that line from somewhere, but couldn't think where. Must of seen it on telly:)

·
skeptical old git
1,734 Posts

Can't do that. It's discriminatory against people with impaired hearing.

Clearly, officers should be trained to be proficient in Sign Language, so they can sign "stop!" at the same time as shouting it.

Also they should be issued with cards carrying the message in Braille. To use these they would need to apprehend the fugitive in order to hand them the card. Then, to avoid discrimination on the grounds of visual impairment, they should let them go again and give them a head start equivalent their relative positions when the pursuit began.

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Watch the late night Police documentaries: UK toerags get away with pushing their luck verbally, physically or behind the wheel before they're nicked. One last week showed coppers in So'ton carrying miniature pictures of signs like the no cycling one - so they could show it to immigrants who don't speak English.

Then watch the Yank version to see how it should be done.

It's not our coppers (and I'm very pro-Police) it's our 'system'. The US still has respect for the badge - virtually every hotel and car hire company does a 'law enforcement rate'. I remember taking bollockings from coppers when I was a lad. You took it on the chin, he told you to go home and you went home.

I need a fag.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts