Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow riders, just signed up for this forum. Currently on a long trip - so far from Denmark to Cambodia :)

I need to changed oil again, but are not sure if this oil is ok. In the manuals it says API grade E ,F or G. This one is API grade SL - is that ok?
I dont have a lot of choices here in Cambodia, but dont want to put the wrong stuff in my dear girl ;)

Thanks in advance!
Cheers Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The AT can take 10W40 (colder climates) to 20W50 (warmer climates). You can pour some mineral oil. And that oil can be an automotive oil.

The oil in the picture is rated JASO-MA2 and is compatible with the wet clutch. No problem.

Lee

·
Toolbox
295 Posts
Just looking at date. Bit old ...
Your´e kidding, right? Any number of folks have oil for years in the engine. It´s not going to go bad two years on the shelf. We ain´t talking race bikes here but an AT. I shouldn´t wonder if olive oil won´t hurt her (now I´m kidding). :mad:

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
367 Posts
Just speaking from past experience, i take it still has the original seal? I got caught out years ago. I still check even from a reputable shop. Force of habit now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments and tips - I will check the seal!!! Its also recommended by a german mechanic here in Cambodia, who is used to working on big bikes, so I guess its good :)
I was just nervous about the API grade being SL and the recommended E, F or G.

Heres my lady btw. :)

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts