Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how many have already seen this but somehow I missed it. Being Bath, it's fairly local to me. Bath can be a bit of a nightmare with road closures and traffic issues in abundance. When someone is filmed causing an obstruction they take exception to the guy filming and the woman pursues the guy filming it making a threat to commit perjury to stitch a guy up for assault when all he's done is film in a public place. The husband then joins in...

Road Rage in Bath - I am going to call the Police!! - Sarah Duncan from SDKBath.com - YouTube

I wonder whether, in some perverse way, this could be good for their business? Perhaps not.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And another more recent road rage one that should keep all you cyclist haters happy ;)

Road Rage Incident - YouTube

Don't people realise that wherever they are, there is likely to be someone very near with a means of making a video recording and if they act like a knob end, it WILL end up on You Tube.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Crazy folk . . . . . Nutters . . . . surely they have better things to be getting on with :hitler:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Well i'm back cycling from today and as i do in my car i take no sh!t, that van driver would have been ironed out in 3 seconds and the stupid woman and her husband would have joined the club too, fcuk em! :D

Well done Craig, concise and entertaining as ever :thumbup::D:D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Well done Craig, concise and entertaining as ever :thumbup::D:D
you think so ...... personally i thing he is mellowing :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
you think so ...... personally i thing he is mellowing :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Think you are right -- he would normally have responded, sorry, hurled effective abuse by now :mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
I'm intending to take my girls (the younger of whom is 15 months old) to stay in Bath on our way to Cymru next month. I'm toying with going into the shop with the baby, fingering the goods, then telling the proprietor I would buy the lot if only she wasn't such a c**t... I suspect I will not be allowed. :(

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I'm intending to take my girls (the younger of whom is 15 months old) to stay in Bath on our way to Cymru next month. I'm toying with going into the shop with the baby, fingering the goods, then telling the proprietor I would buy the lot if only she wasn't such a c**t... I suspect I will not be allowed. :(
I bet there's a lot more of people like this in this world.

Out of interest has she committed a crime in simply threatening to report someone to the police on a knowingly false accusation?

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Out of interest has she committed a crime in simply threatening to report someone to the police on a knowingly false accusation?
Not one that readily comes to mind, but I have not studied crime for over a decade. It could conceivably be a form of assault but I'd not be surprised if there was a more up-to-date offence.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe not, but if he'd then turned the cameraphone off shortly after recording that and had then given her a good slap...

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
One of them did actually commit a crime, you can clearly hear the man ask them to stop grabbing him as this is assault (although it wasn't caught on film, just audio). Also, you can see and hear her saying she would falsely claim he had struck her to get him prosecuted.

I think if this video was shown to police then i'd much rather be the guy filming than the husband or wife.

I still can't get over the fact how many cars waited patiently for a gap to get round the silly cows car when she was `parked` (and i use that in the loosest of terms) because i'd have been out there and then, stupid woman!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
According to other info on t'interweb, her Bath business is now closed. How accurate that is I don't know. Next time I go for a cycle ride out that way I'll take a look (with a camera ;) ). There are also suggestions around that they have set up in Cheltenham Sarah Duncan, GL50 1SW: get details and add your opinion on BView however, I think that listing may actually pre-date the Bath shop.

You'd think they would have contacted a PR firm or swiftly posted a YouTube video apology to try to salvage the situation. The silence from their side is deafening which is probably why they are getting so much abusive fall-out.

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Having now watched it all, the husband committed battery (the touching) and arguably an assault (in the threat of unspecified action if the filmer did not delete the footage). The wife obstructed the highway.

Worse however are their offences against good manners in parking like that in the first place and then imputing to the filmer the sort of petty-mindedness that evidently characterises them. I refer in particular to madame's absurd comment that he wouldn't have bothered if she did not drive an Audi. An Audi is Not That Special...

I dare say if Alan goes down with his phone to walk past filming he'll probably run into a load of others doing the same! :thumbright:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
This is worth watching if you in any doubt about your rights and the fact that most snotty-nosed authoritarian gits don't know your rights

From snapshot to Special Branch: how my camera made me a terror suspect | Law | guardian.co.uk

Guardian said:
To futher complicate the matter, police require a court order to view images captured by a journalist (in fairness, in my case it was not until the end that they knew I worked for the Guardian).

Interesting distinction between members of the press and the rest of us. Apart from a penchant for phone hacking and lunchtime drinking what is it that makes a journo a journo? Do you have to be a member of some society or trade body or could I just claim to be a journo and tell them to get a court order.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts