Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola Old and New... It is I, you're long lost member...

OK you might not remember Moi, but my Eloisa you can't forget... The best Africa Twin by far (well at least on this site anyway ;) ).

So, quick catch up then... AT Still going strong, VFR gone, ZZR1400 bought and sold and a new GTR 1400 penciled in for early 2011... That's it for bikes... Been work busy, to busy... Got married, moved; twice, new job, few good trips :)

And now I'm back (from outer space), and plan to do a little work on the Old Bird over the winter... OK nearly a complete rebuild... New Can, new rear shock, refurbish the frame and racks, new handguards to fit, pondering a rim refurb, maybe a complete re-wire and a few little bits. So, I might be needing a few bits of advice if I'm desperate. Hence I'm back, thinking you 'desperados', might could come in useful ;)

So, any of the old posse still about? Is Mable still fretting about everything and hows Oberst Kymmy? Oh, have I still got someones seat for their AT? (Anyone out their with a very sore ar5e? ;) ). Ummm... and do I still hold the record for dropping a bike the most frequently or have you lot found a new fall guy? ;)

Hope you're all cool, I'll catch up soon... Plan to start on her next weekend.. Shes well over due a lot of TLC.

And Remember... "Trouble will come soon enough, and when he does come receive him as pleasantly as possible ... the more amiably you greet him, the sooner he will go away."

Fletch

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Long-haired freaky people
need not apply.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Hola Old and New... It is I, you're long lost member...

OK you might not remember Moi, but my Eloisa you can't forget... The best Africa Twin by far (well at least on this site anyway ;) ).

Not so sure as i think Xanders(remember him?) is a bit cooler now:D

So, quick catch up then... AT Still going strong, VFR gone, ZZR1400 bought and sold and a new GTR 1400 penciled in for early 2011... That's it for bikes... Been work busy, to busy... Got married, moved; twice, new job, few good trips :)

And now I'm back (from outer space), and plan to do a little work on the Old Bird over the winter... OK nearly a complete rebuild... New Can, new rear shock, refurbish the frame and racks, new handguards to fit, pondering a rim refurb, maybe a complete re-wire and a few little bits. So, I might be needing a few bits of advice if I'm desperate. Hence I'm back, thinking you 'desperados', might could come in useful ;)

So, any of the old posse still about? Is Mable still fretting about everything and hows Oberst Kymmy? Oh, have I still got someones seat for their AT? (Anyone out their with a very sore ar5e? ;) ). Ummm... and do I still hold the record for dropping a bike the most frequently or have you lot found a new fall guy? ;)

Hope you're all cool, I'll catch up soon... Plan to start on her next weekend.. Shes well over due a lot of TLC.

And Remember... "Trouble will come soon enough, and when he does come receive him as pleasantly as possible ... the more amiably you greet him, the sooner he will go away."

Fletch
Fletch,welcome back and no you not holding that record anymore.Whealie and myself have learned from the master and we have learned well:rolleyes:

Why the different name????

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fletch,welcome back and no you not holding that record anymore.Whealie and myself have learned from the master and we have learned well:rolleyes: Why the different name????
Ah Das Vader, learn from master you did! (Still in charge of the Death Star Canteen? ;)). Wheelie, he always was rather gifted ;)

Xanders Bucket... Better than Eloisa! You've been duped, never trust an Antipodean that likes to play with animals and really can't drink! ;)

Name change.... I couldn't remember me log in or password...! And what do I get for me twelve quid then?

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Ah Das Vader, learn from master you did! (Still in charge of the Death Star Canteen? ;)). Wheelie, he always was rather gifted ;)

Xanders Bucket... Better than Eloisa! You've been duped, never trust an Antipodean that likes to play with animals and really can't drink! ;)

Name change.... I couldn't remember me log in or password...! And what do I get for me twelve quid then?
I am sure the Uebermods could change that;);)

and have a look somewhere on here are a few pics of xanders bike when they set of to their RTW trip:thumbup:

Had it cut Dave, shoulder length now... :thumbup:
fecking hippy:rolleyes::rolleyes:

yes canteen is still mine:teeth:

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And what do I get for me twelve quid then?

a decent bike perhaps?
Now I know the resale value for KTM's is bloody aweful compared to Honda's AT's (Obviously!), but don't get that disillusioned dude ;)

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Where's me dinner?
Some people will do anything to avoid buying dinner, even changing there name!

How are you monsieur F? Did you marry that georgeous bird we saw you with last time at the national or did she get to the opticians and you had to find another white sticked lovely??

congrats if it was the former,belated but heartfelt, where you lurking nowadays then still up the road? still sorting out the IT?.

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vader said:
I am sure the Uebermods could change that;);)"
I never did like him! ;)

Fletch how very lovely to see you back, not sure that I fret about everything still but I try my hardest.
If you want to merge your 2 accounts we can do that
Oh an I got a lovely new shiney bike she's lovely :)
OOOhhhh Like the new ride babe... Very Nursie :)

Where's me dinner?
Some people will do anything to avoid buying dinner, even changing there name!
How are you monsieur F? Did you marry that georgeous bird we saw you with last time at the national or did she get to the opticians and you had to find another white sticked lovely??
congrats if it was the former,belated but heartfelt, where you lurking nowadays then still up the road? still sorting out the IT?.
Chef!!! How you doing old bean? (Must admit to being rather suprised you're still alive (I've followed you remember! ;)), so it appears I've surficed to soon to avoid buying you dinner then?)

Nope, married a new model (obviously she's partially sited also), moved back to Chichester, and yep, still in I.T., working with Turn Around projects in the NHS... How much fun can a guy have! :confused:

Good to here from you old man... :) Family Chicken Soup?

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Hi fletch nice to see you fellow. We were fondly remembering your big Bertha AT and your off roading at the last national just gone.
Let me know if you want to merge your accounts and become fletch again.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Oh, and to answer your original question, a small subversive vanguard here still own Hondas. We sometimes conduct guerilla actions against... :hitler:

(He thinks failing drive shafts are just a trait of BMWs! ;-))

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Nice to see you back Fletch. And I think you'll remember I dropped mine when trying to help you after you'd dropped yours.;)

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Hi Mike, been a long time.

You were the first member I met on here and still havn't forgotten how you helped me out all those years ago - still owe you several beers for that if we meet up again.

I take it it was your AT that was at Verity's for a while? Saw it several times in the back of the shop.

Catch up soon.

Jason

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Welcome back.

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Or you can stay as Hagrid and still reclaim all your fletch posts ;) Anyway about time you got back.. (Jen waves Hi)
Hi Jen! :p OK choices... Umm... I rather like Hagrid, can I keep this one and merge my others over? Is that Possible? :thumbup:

Oh, and to answer your original question, a small subversive vanguard here still own Hondas. We sometimes conduct guerilla actions against... :hitler: (He thinks failing drive shafts are just a trait of BMWs! ;-))
OK DeeDub.... Where do I sign up...? :thumb:
Did I ever tell you the Story about th is German Chappy riding a GS whos Drive Shaft had broken I came across? Anyways, after some time explaining to me his problem and with no real common language, he wasn't that impressed when after sifting through one of my boxes I appeared with my spare chain... Laugh... I did, it kept me amused for weeks :)

Nice to see you back Fletch. And I think you'll remember I dropped mine when trying to help you after you'd dropped yours.;)
Wheelie... I remember, and I thougth u were my knight in shinning armour! ;)

Hi Mike, been a long time.
You were the first member I met on here and still havn't forgotten how you helped me out all those years ago - still owe you several beers for that if we meet up again.Catch up soon.Jason
'ello man... you cool? I'll take you up on those beers if you get yourself down the South sometime :p

Welcome back.
Why Thanx :p

Now wheres Xander then...? RTW did someone say...? Haven't seen him since a HU gig years ago... He hasn't left his pretty wife behind and all alone has he? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Hi Fletch mate. Nice to see you back on here.

Xander.... last post was from South Africa I think after riding his bike all the way there. Next stop is South America I believe and his wife is with him.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts