Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right. Not my bike in the photo but is this just too shiny for the boxes?

My boxes are pretty marked up and I could get them like this without too much problem but I'm not sure if it's just a little (or a lot) over the top. The problem it's a little difficult to stop once you have started :)

What do others think? Should I just leave them as they are to give that round the world look?

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
That's a bit sad, does he sleep with it as well or just tuck it under a blanket till the sun shines twice a year.

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Is this too much?

In a word............................yes!:D:D

Andy.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I think it is by miles.

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Tarts handbag:D

·
In search of 7th gear!
933 Posts
I'm surprised the owner has even let it near grass for the picture.

Doesn't he know that grass could potentially smudge the rubber sidewalls on the tyres...?

JB

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Like most BMW GS'ers they polish there bikes more than they ride them.:D:D

·
17,680 Posts
Like most BMW GS'ers they polish there bikes more than they ride them.:D:D
some of us polish as we are riding:D:D:D:D

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
"CHAD" If you want to polish your knobs and nuts when your riding that's up to you, your bigger than me :D:D:D

·
17,680 Posts
"CHAD" If you want to polish your knobs and nuts when your riding that's up to you, your bigger than me :D:D:D
:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Strangely enough I know the bike and how he got the panniers to look like that. Used the stuff on my top box and it does remove all the crud and corrosion marks. More importan,y it leaves a wax type protective coating on the box which helps prevent any more marks.

If you're really interested I'll go in the garage tomorrow to find out the name of the polish.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I'll go in the garage tomorrow to find out the name of the polish.
Treat her with some respect Mom. It's bad enough you lock your Polish bird in the garage but at least call her by her name.

How would you like it I f said the Welsh was at home cooking the dinner?

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
if thats what he/she wants for their ride then fair enough, but its not my cuppa. one day theyre gonna crash when the sun shines off the lid, into the mirror and into their face!

a few scratches on your kit is good, it means its been used.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if thats what he/she wants for their ride then fair enough, but its not my cuppa. one day theyre gonna crash when the sun shines off the lid, into the mirror and into their face!

a few scratches on your kit is good, it means its been used.
Actually you may have something. My mate Ben passed me on the motorway because the sun was reflecting off the topbox. I had removed the previous owners stickers to make way for mine and had to polish the back (only) to get rid of the shadows. No where as near as shiny as the ones in the pic mind.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
:rolleyes:

Aah, but she looks pretty, doesn't she? :cool:

Coat, hat, keys ('cept I've lost them as usual :rolleyes:)....:toothy2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts