Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
I reckon in the time I have had it my Tiger has done that mileage just going in and out of the shed! :D:D

Andy.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Crikey, I've done double that on Nessie :D. And I thought I was slacking :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
what...

must have spent more time polishing the bling.. well at least the centre stand has been well used....

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
probably too scared to use it in case the final drive fails :rolleyes:...........................I'll get me coat :(

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
it may be a case of keep up with the jones.
He bought the bike but does not like using it incase it gets dirty and he has to fathom out how to clean it.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
It does happen,look at that africa twin that had only clocked up 157 miles and was like new(well it was sold for a more than new price so must have been good) and I have seen cars that are 20+ years old with less than a few thousand miles on them. In fact I bought a volvo 2.0 turbo a few years ago for my dad from an old lady who only used it to drop her daughter off at the station twice a week and do the shopping on saturdays. 5.5 year old and 6500 miles on the clock,but,the MAD thing was she had had it serviced religiously at a volvo main dealer 12 months and the book was stamped. We contacted the dealer and they were amazed she had sold it as she had promised them first dibs on it but they confirmed the servicing and even sent us a printout to confirm the history. Now my dad has done about 280000 miles in 8 years and it is absolutely sweet for a dressed up renault motored swede-rocket.
Jems like these never come up when you need them or can afford them you just have to watch someone else grab the peach.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I used to only do 1500 miles a year in my car, So it is possible it as easier for the owner to get about without the car and it just sat around.

·
Geeking it out!
1,061 Posts
No, that's about right for a BMW, don't forget the last two summer were quite wet!

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
No, that's about right for a BMW, don't forget the last two summer were quite wet!

I agree with Russh, either that or he is also probably very short and needs a box to get on and off.:D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
He may have bought it with good intentions then while out riding got the scare of his life when a cage pulled out in front of him with "sorry mate did not see you".
Got home and put it away never to use it again.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Well this chap liked his so much he's selling it after a month! bmw r1200gs adventure on eBay (end time 17-Jun-10 16:02:21 BST)

That first one is a cheek though. The new price with those options is only £530 more than the dealer wants for that one. It probably didn't cost as much as he's asking new! Mercedes sell a few older cars at as new prices from their Stuttgart heritage centre, but they are 30 years old so their preservation in perfect condition is something worth paying for. This bike has just sat about for 20 months. At that price, I'd buy new!

280000 miles in 8 years and it is absolutely sweet for a dressed up renault motored swede-rocket.
Don't knock a Renault. They're cheap as chips second-hand, I've seen a couple to over 180k and a friend once sold an R25 to a dealer in Huntingdon with 338k on it for them to display. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts