Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I've found a frame with v5 and some other parts. It's been in a shed for some years in a dismantled state.
According to the owner it was a one owner grey import which is verified by the v5. It says first registered to an independent importer.
It's an Italian factory model but can someone verify the frame number ? Only reason I ask is that it's punched rather than stamped?
Is this an italian thing as I have seen other makers bikes with a similar way of marking the frame?
If there is any doubt I won't buy it.
If there is another more suitable thread that this may be moved to please go ahead admin. DSC04477.jpg DSC04478.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it appears to be genuine but it was the PUNCH marks rather than the actual number I was wanting to query.
Obviously we didn't get the Italian model but I just wondered why it's punched instead of stamped like most??
Is it down to low volume production so they didn't tool up??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just found this Italian example and it appears to be the norm for Italy to punch the numbers?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wanted to make sure before I had the frame blasted and painted and get on with a rebuild.
I was caught out a few years ago and lost a bit of money so I'm always a bit cautious these days.;)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I have an Italian import dominator frame number is punched and the plate looks the same as yours

IMG_9570.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great stuff I just wanted to make sure before spending any money on it.
Now that I know that is how they did the Italian models it's took the worry away lol cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts