Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've found a frame with v5 and some other parts. It's been in a shed for some years in a dismantled state.
According to the owner it was a one owner grey import which is verified by the v5. It says first registered to an independent importer.
It's an Italian factory model but can someone verify the frame number ? Only reason I ask is that it's punched rather than stamped?
Is this an italian thing as I have seen other makers bikes with a similar way of marking the frame?
If there is any doubt I won't buy it.
If there is another more suitable thread that this may be moved to please go ahead admin. Material property Font Tire Automotive wheel system Rim
Auto part Bicycle part

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it appears to be genuine but it was the PUNCH marks rather than the actual number I was wanting to query.
Obviously we didn't get the Italian model but I just wondered why it's punched instead of stamped like most??
Is it down to low volume production so they didn't tool up??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just wanted to make sure before I had the frame blasted and painted and get on with a rebuild.
I was caught out a few years ago and lost a bit of money so I'm always a bit cautious these days.;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great stuff I just wanted to make sure before spending any money on it.
Now that I know that is how they did the Italian models it's took the worry away lol cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.