Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Honda coil today and when I fitted it I got a spark.
I just need my new needle from my mate in America then I can dial the flatside in and start this bike up.

12435983_1296253283724019_594259242_n.jpg

Just in case you forgot what it looks like :D:D:D

Three years and alot of dole money in the making.:clown::clown::clown:

I fancy a Transalp next.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice, very nice. Mine was reborn today with the new battery. Only of the road for one day and had the hump. I dread to think what would happen if I needed to do a long rebuild or wait for a part to arrive. I sound like I live in the middle of know where, just dislike public transport and prefer the freedom of my own destiny on the bike. I'm using the breakdown as an excuse for another bike.

Looking forward to the videos of this one running.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live out in the country too and its a half hour walk to the nearest train station.
I dont ride much in January or February because over here they spray salt everywhere at the first sign of frost.
My son/camera guy has buggered off to technical college to learn bike mechanics so I wont be able to do a video until he come to visit which will probably be around easter time.
I could start my bike as I now have a spark but i would rather wait until my flatside needle arrives from the states and for the weather to improve
Glad to here you got your battery problem sorted out ,your a braver man than me riding in winter.
I reckon I am just too old for that stuff or I just love my bikes too much to get em covered in salt.:thumbup:

·
Registered
742 Posts
I am expecting a decent tube video of you wheelying that sucker down the road after you get it sorted.
Me, I'd be sticking with the standard carb and riding the bugger until you get the fatslide all ready.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I am expecting a decent tube video of you wheelying that sucker down the road after you get it sorted.
Me, I'd be sticking with the standard carb and riding the bugger until you get the fatslide all ready.
Its -3c outside and the closest my bike is getting to any salt is when I have my chips for dinner :D:D:D

My needle is on its way from my mate in the states and I can wait :thumbup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love the look of this bike, very smart but also with something very useable about it. I reckon you will have a blast riding it around.

I ride my bikes through the salty winter, do you think that's why I can never sell them for much money!

Ian

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This bike will only be used on the twisties locally as I have another bike that will be used daily once I treat it to a new set of tyres.
I dont like washing and polishing bikes as they are so fiddly ,twice a year if its really dirty.
I wont go out on salty roads and I wait until we have had serious rain to wash the roads clean before I take my bikes out.
March 1st is early enough for me because I dont fancy wiping out coz I will be 60 later in the year.Getting too old for that crap:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The old carb would have to be re-jetted before running it anyway.
The old carb was re-jetted and a new air filter bought but I decided to go all in with the flatside as a chrimbo present for myself.
My bell mouth is currently in customs waiting to be opened because anything over £8 has to pay import tax and 25% vat.
I spent an hour on hold trying to talk to the customs but theyjust kept me hanin so I gave up. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts