Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been faffing about for weeks now trying to get both a Trailtech Vapor and a small UFO headlight to fit onto the TA. Everything is coming together (not sure if it's a good idea in the first place but that's another story) but I can't get the instrument indicator lights to work, either on the original instruments or the new.

High beam indicator works, bike starts and runs, neutral switch works but not the indicator light. Similarly the sidestand indicator and the oil indicator fail to light up. Basically everything earthed through the black (switched?) wire fails to light up. I'm wondering if it's an earth fault but I can't see anything obvious, any sugestions to what I should be checking?

Oh and also to actual indicators don't seem to be working now either..arrrggg???

Pulling hair out at the moment....

Cheers

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
its a dark art is electricity. Sounds like a bad earth to me. Do they work if you directly earth each component?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a dark art is electricity. Sounds like a bad earth to me. Do they work if you directly earth each component?
I'm pretty electrically clueless, but I was thinking earth too. How would I go about earthing individually? The green earth is easy, just connect to any exposed metal but isn't the black earth switched (or something) so that the engine cuts out if activated?? The engine still cuts out if you drop the sidestand when in gear but the light doesn't come on???

Bloody annoying when it was working fine before I started fiddling!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts