Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Arrived this afternoon,having been ordered on friday(I think!)

It's from Top Sellerie and built on their seat-base,which having read some reviews, I was expecting it to be a bit of a dodgy fit,but it seems to actually fit better than the origina!
I took some comparison shots but they're on my camera still.
I didn't need to swap any bits'n'bobs, and there's even a moulding to hold the seat support jobby; however it'll need a bit of work to get it to actually clip in place.
Edit; Just looked at the comparison pics, and it seems I got lucky; It's actually an original Honda base!

Anyway, looks great and fits well...but what's it like as a seat?

Well, as my erse is suffering from a 200km run out this afternoon, it's not really a fair test, but anyway I took it for a run around town...

First impression is that you sit 'in' it, rather than 'on' it, a bit like an exagerrated horse saddle. I'm not sure what this is going to be like on a long run as there's not much forward/back room to shuffle around. The bolster bit behind the rider's seat seemed a bit uncomfortable initially, pushing me forward a bit. But as I relaxed into it, this feeling disappeared.

My seat has gel pads for both pilot and ballast and appears a bit higher than the original seat, but this could just be an illusion due to the different angles of dangle.

All in all, I'm quite pleased with the whole set-up and I'll have a proper run out in due course and report back how it feels;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Your erse will soon adjust to it. Did you get stung for the cost of returning the standard seat (Post Office) to Paris? £50 quid ! Thieving toerags ! And that was before they privatised. Anyhoo, sit back and enjoy your loverly new perch. Les

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the seat packed to send back. It'll be the Austrian Post that'll be ripping me off not Royal Snail:rolleyes:

Yeah I'm sure my arse will adjust;)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A few more pics...

Firstly, the original seat

..And the fit

Direct comparison

And some more pics of it fitted

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gave it a good test yesterday...613km:thumbright:
Mostly boring autobahn, through CZ & SK. Not a sign of arse pain!

Although thanks to the new bar-risers(25mm), I was up on the pegs a few times ;-)

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I do like that seat, but my standard seat is very comfortable and served me well over my 6 year / 18,000 mile ownership. I might have to get one though ;)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
beautiful looking bike and the seat is a huge improvement on the old one , I spend a few hours cleaning my transalp yesterday and its gleaming I used w5 furniture polish from lidl on the paint work and it came up like new gleaming it is the shabby seat is really letting it down . I will have to get it sorted soon .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts