Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i hope everyone is well!! yesterday was beautiful day sun shining and now its 2 inches of snow awesome...

But anyway, after finding the problem with my 89 transalp (cracked vacum pipe from fuel tap to back cyclinder), i took the bike out for a spin and it doesn't seem to be on form. It sounds fines but it seema to take ages to get to 70 and took forever to get above that, its just not as quick as it once was. The carbs have been balanced so in theory it should be an awesome ride, but the responsiveness which i fell in love with has gone.

Im at a lose end, has anyone got any ideas, sorry to be vaig but i really have no idea. I thought i would ask here before i sent it away for someone to look at (£££££)

Thank you

Mat

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
First thing I would check in this situation is the air filter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i changed the air filter a few months ago, first time in years apparently!!

I have a look at it

Thanks

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Are you absolutely sure it's running on both cylinders? I don't always find it easy to tell on a bike....

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Did you replace the cracked hose or repair? If the carbs are breathing,on either one or both,through the vacuum connections it will run like a bag of poo. check all the hose connections,then check the choke is off and staying off,the cable may move but it doesn't necessarily mean the choke is off inside the carbs or carb.it may be stuck on.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
You could also run it for 15 minutes, till warm, then do a plug chop.

A drstic difference in plug colour may help you identifying the problem, thus leading to the cause...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so after handing the bike over to my guru......my dad, as i had no idea what was up with the bike, it turned out to be crap in the petrol tank. My dad ran the engine until the fuel was finished, then topped up. Now the bike is as smooth as ever!!!

So thanks to everyones advise earlier!!!

Mat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts