Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you all...

everybody seems to think that it is always nice weather in Malta. well this is a shot from a favourite spot of mine (Ta Cenc Cliffs with a storm brewing). it started to rain really hard some 5 minutes after I took this shot....its a good rough track by the way, there are some fun bits to do

miscAugust 31, 2013282august 2013.jpg

this other photo is another typical maltese weather day :)

miscSeptember 07, 2013337august 2013.jpg

have to say, riding the alp off tarmac is much more fun :teeth::teeth::teeth:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
That first picture is a cracking one :thumbup:

Reactions: benhur

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
WOW nice one. Lived in SA for a while and seen some cool storms but this is a good one:cool:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Yup, +1 for that first shot. Although I love blue skies and sunshine, that's very dramatic! It would make a great addition to the next XRV calendar, if there will be such a thing.

Reactions: benhur

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:D:Dthanks guys...

the sky was quite dramatic...its rendered even more dramatic because it was just after dawn and it was rolling in from over the sea. Mind you it made quite a bit of a fuss...we get some bad ones round about now, because the weather changing from summer to winter makes for some heavy rain.

The small patches of land you can just see off the coast are Comino and beyond it Malta (the mainland)

I do alot of my little jaunts just after dawn....because everything is so peaceful and quiet (including SWMBO)...in fact recently I have taken to putting a thermos of coffee in one of my tool tubes :thumbup::thumbup:. nothing beats a coffee in the country side while the sun goes up

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Yup, love that shot. There is something about moody skies just before a storm that really appeals to me. Malta looks like a great country too. Enjoy your early morning rides - again, there is something great about getting out whilst the rest of the world is still asleep. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Love Malta, kept going back every year and only stopped so we could experience other countries. Went back when daughter old enough to enjoy snorkeling and divind. The place was just as good as we remembered it exept more modernised, as everywhere else is.
Wonderfull place. Ive never seen storms whilst there but the youtube videos of the September storms are testament to what can happen.
One thing I remember is when the roads were wet they were like ice :(
Lovley pictures! Lovley place, lovley people, I will go back there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts