Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can one bike be so frustrating and its not even on the road yet! i better be as good as you all say?
anyway its official the front wheel is knackerd .can anyone tell me where i can get a gold front wheel for my bike. does anyone have one . i was going to use it to go to france but i am now passed my safe deadline . anyway the wheel is the last bit and i only found it when we fitted the new annekee tyre. if someone can help we can put another @ back on the road for the summer.

regards

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I have an AT front you can "borrow" for your holiday, but I'll be needing it back for my own bike. It's in St Neots,you'd have to collect it and return to same. Let me know ? :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is very kind but i will take the SV650 to france now so am really looking for one i can buy if possible . i really appricate the offer though. im in cambridge i would love to meet up so another owner can check it when its done?

very best regards

·
Señor Member
748 Posts
Why not just pay to have a new rim put on your existing hub? You'd most likely turn the job around within a week...

(unless its the money thing of course)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i might take you up but would really like my own. it is a cost thing . as i am on a budget (allready over).
thanks though
cheers

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
What's the rim damage? Is it the standard corrosion and de-laminating around the valve or are spokes pulling through the rim? If it's corrosion around the valve hole, it often looks far worse than it is.

Show us a piccie

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it is a bit corroded but it looks like it has had an impact its it has a small flat spot and slight sideways buckel but it cant be pulled out. it had been swapped before as it was silver not gold . however if i am going to put a new wheel on i would like to match up with the rear gold one. a picture probably would not show it as that bad , but if you spin it it is very clear.

i think i need another wheel , no i know i need a new wheel.
regards

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I may have a spare gold front, I'll have to check at the weekend and I'm only up in Huntingdon;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I may have a spare gold front, I'll have to check at the weekend and I'm only up in Huntingdon;)
that would be fantastic if you could i could collect it this weekend if you wanted. i really just want to get it done now .
best regards

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi kitped
any chance you have had a look. ? i was out on the sv yesterday and cant wait to get the africa out.
regards

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
hi kitped
any chance you have had a look. ? i was out on the sv yesterday and cant wait to get the africa out.
regards
Sorry been absolutely manic with moving house this weekend, the spares I ave are now next door so can check tomorrow when I get in from work.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
no problemi was just getting excited!!!!! i hope the move went well.
regards
Hi TL, justed checked and only rims I have is a silver set from and RD07a, two rears from and RD04 of which one is past it's best and a gold RD03 complete front fully laced with hub and disc. I will be keeping the full RD03 wheel as a spare for my RD03 so unfortunately no spare gold front:(

As for the move it went well thanks if a little drought!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thank you guys . i suspose i will have to look out for one or get a new one done . it just means i wont be on the road with it this summer!:sad:

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,096 Posts
I used a DRZ400 front rim, laced onto a standard hub - it is 1.65" rather than 1.8 but worked fine. Cost me £15 and it had done the miles it took for the owner to ride home and send them off to be relaced with SM wheels! The guy who laced it for me was Steve Last based in Sudbury and from memory cost me £50 per wheel and I got standard AT spokes from Hagon.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having problems with your wheels. If you end up buying new, you can get them from us.

Gold Excel Rim Spoke Set if you need them. You can then have it laced to your original hub to help keep the price down.

Do let me know if we can help

1 - 20 of 23 Posts