Honda XRV Forum banner

Its RAINING - mud will form!

5K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  SteveWilko 
#1 ·
Any one up for this Sunday?

Possibly a late morning start, with a 5 or 6 pm finish, North Beds, South East Northamptonshire or there abouts, sort of Rushden way.

Don't know what it will be like, but TAs and ATs will really go any where. Don't know about Varas yet, but if the Adv. w/end is anything to go by, ALL welcome!!

#2 ·
I will ask SWMBO and if i can i would love too.
:blob3::blob3::blob3::blob3::blob3::blob3::blob3:

#7 ·
So far :

Me
BT
Stan
Stansmissus
Alpslapper

Would think Nick, but I havn't asked him yet,

Xander? (Maybe we could help you grovel :D .)
Darren (XR250) ???

Looks good!

I'm going to check the maps soon, I'll try to post up a meet-point and some ideas this evening.

ACE :D .
Which bike you on Alps ??

#11 ·
Right, I've got a route, about 125km, ish 80 miles, from Buckden, nr. Huntingdon on A1, across to Northanpton and back. Lots of byeways, don't know the TRO status of any, but this time of year they should be OK.

Buckden, grid ref TL 180 670 ish, on A1 North / B661 West, about 12-00 Noon, or there abouts.

That sound OK folks??

#14 · (Edited)
Yes, I think so. Not sure what its like in the flesh, but GoogleEarth shows it, so it must be there!!

I have been granted my pass SO Barring any issues I will be there.. Where are we meeting up?
Services ?? on A1, near Buckden, as below.

Right, I've got a route, about 125km, ish 80 miles, from Buckden, nr. Huntingdon on A1, across to Northanpton and back. Lots of byeways, don't know the TRO status of any, but this time of year they should be OK.

Buckden, grid ref TL 180 670 ish, on A1 North / B661 West, about 12-00 Noon, or there abouts.

That sound OK folks??
I've got Mobile Nos for Xander, Alps, BT, have you folks still got mine?
PM if needed.

List at the moment stands at:

Me TTR
Alps TTR
Xander XRV
BT XLV
marcin XRV

anyone given F1etch grief yet?? :blob:

Forecast is really good - sunny, dry but rain before then!! :D
OK so its raining today too!! Nice.

#13 ·
I have been granted my pass SO Barring any issues I will be there.. Where are we meeting up?

#22 ·
In a word - Brillant :D

The other guys took loads of pics and vid so Im sure they'll have them all up presently in the ride report section -

Weather was fabulous, great company, fantastic lanes and byways and the mother and father of all mudfests at the back of Santa Pod - I heard Mudwiz screaming with delight as we ploughed in up to the mudguards - great bunch of lads, Mudwiz for leading the way and keeping an eye on us all but BTBloke deserves a mention - feck me that bloke is a piece of work - tea, choice of sandwichs, then went shopping for water, snacks and diet coke, and finished off by suppling us all with ear plugs for the motorways home. I'd swear if someone had asked for a hamburger and chips he's have produced a cooker from the bike and rustled them up for us.

Brillant lads, brillant company, brillant trails, brilliant day :D :D :D :D

#25 ·
It was great! Thanks to all who came along.. So alp did she buy the puppy in a bog story!?!?

Thanks Mud for showing us around, and BT is officially BT-CHIEF now thanks for the good tucka. Mat I hope you are feeling a bit better.
Cant wait to see the pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.