·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Tell me about it!!!
Was up on the Huntly to Dufftown road this morning to drag some kit in and it was white out up there @ about 10am, with drifting snow forcing traffic (what there is up there!) into 1 lane.

Still, got TKC80's on the Alp, so should be OK :rolleyes: :thumbup:

Steve T

:cool:

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
No snow down a sea level on the SW coast - but boy oh boy did it blow ??? The ferry was off and the wee hoose was making some strange creaking and howling noises in the wind !!!!

Had a very productive wee day fitting the Touratech crashbars to the Alp - locked away in the wee shed with the radio and some spanners - heaven - a cold heaven but heaven none the less:D

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
No snow down a sea level on the SW coast - but boy oh boy did it blow ??? The ferry was off and the wee hoose was making some strange creaking and howling noises in the wind !!!!

Had a very productive wee day fitting the Touratech crashbars to the Alp - locked away in the wee shed with the radio and some spanners - heaven - a cold heaven but heaven none the less:D
do you need me to come up and put some concrete reinforcing up around the castle McWee to keep you and the loverly McWee ladies safe:thumbup::D

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
A little picture from early yesterday . . .

And this was at 10am. It's been snowing virtually non stop since then :rolleyes:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Steve are you still planning for this weekend, its looking not so good for your meet. ??
It's only snow! :thumbup:

Friday & the weekend look iffy at the moment, but things change.

I'll confirn a Go / NO GO situation later tomorrow :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's only snow! :thumbup:

Friday & the weekend look iffy at the moment, but things change.

I'll confirn a Go / NO GO situation later tomorrow :thumbup:
Don't listen to them. They are just a bunch of girls.... The snow is going fast here and the roads are all but clear. Still plenty on the grass but if we get the promised rain and no more snow then I thing Friday could be fine.

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any of you William Wallace brigade know what it's gonna be like over the weekend up there. Was half thinking of a bike ride up Scotland way over the weekend as i have 4 days off but i'm trying to gauge what the weather will be like + find the time round everything else :D
Friday is supposed to be good * and the rest of the weekend is looking better all the time. We are planning something already and you are more than welcome to join in. In fact you are more than welcome to crash at my place if you want.

* well it's not supposed to snow. Still bloody cold mind

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
:D:D building bridges every where :D:D sure your not my brother Craig?
Ever the tactful me, The scots have a very good sense of humour...i hope :D

Friday is supposed to be good * and the rest of the weekend is looking better all the time. We are planning something already and you are more than welcome to join in. In fact you are more than welcome to crash at my place if you want.

* well it's not supposed to snow. Still bloody cold mind
Thanks Boris, very kind offer, i'll let thee know if i'm coming :thumbleft:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Don't listen to them. They are just a bunch of girls.... The snow is going fast here and the roads are all but clear. Still plenty on the grass but if we get the promised rain and no more snow then I thing Friday could be fine.
Yep, Friday is looking better than either Saturday or Sunday, but having been into the Glen in the past, after a spell of snow, I think the white stuff tends to linger longer there.
Up here it's still snowing and has been all day, so just getting south past the Grampians would be "interesting" :rolleyes:. Me, if I can see the road, even if it's through a wheel rut in the snow, I'll ride, but not everyone's as stupid as me :D

Still got a full day to weather watch before a day is to be picked, so lets watch the weather.

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Any of you William Wallace brigade know what it's gonna be like over the weekend up there. Was half thinking of a bike ride up Scotland way over the weekend as i have 4 days off but i'm trying to gauge what the weather will be like + find the time round everything else :D
Craig,
If you do venture north (and I mean north, not Edinburgh :D), there is a bunk here if your interested, surrounded by miles & miles of scenic, twisty roads (OK, right now you can't see the scenery for the snow, but it might melt before you get here :rolleyes:).

Steve T

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Craig,
If you do venture north (and I mean north, not Edinburgh :D), there is a bunk here if your interested, surrounded by miles & miles of scenic, twisty roads (OK, right now you can't see the scenery for the snow, but it might melt before you get here :rolleyes:).

Steve T

Yep Craig,

Offer of a bunk in sunny Inversnekky as well :thumbup:

Far better than the East Coast :D:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts