Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not seen or heard any news about the ride for ages now. Last couple of years its been buzzing around this time. Is it still going ahead??

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
same here

·
KTM 990 ADV
341 Posts
I was hoping to do this years TLD as im a TLD virgin but feel a little confused as to whats happening. Will it become obvious when final decisions have been made, and a new thread started re willing riders and instructions.
Many thanks
Tez:blob8:

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Hello XRV
It is still on for those that wish to take part. Lands End to John O'Groats for those who want a long distance ride in 24 hours, those who want a lesser challenge the route on the web site has two options, but still a challenge. T-shirts & Decals are ready for printing and distribution for those who want one. The charity is the Nationwide Association of Blood Bikes with the emphasis on raising money to help develop a unit covering Scotland. You can register on the web site www.thelongestday.org.uk for £10.00 that includes your decals/road book & a TLD patch.
Hopefully see you there GOG

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Can I ask who is the main organiser of this event?

Reason being I work for Natural Retreats and we are redeveloping John O'Groats at the moment and it would be useful for us to speak.

Best Frad

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Can I ask who is the main organiser of this event?

Reason being I work for Natural Retreats and we are redeveloping John O'Groats at the moment and it would be useful for us to speak.

Best Frad
The current committee is myself (Mark),PDSquire (Phil)& Barkinmadscot (Barry), through default, and is subject to change if there is anyone else who is prepared to take control of the event, I for one would be more than pleased if someone else could take the helm, because its not a job that a wish on anyone :(

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
The current committee is myself (Mark),PDSquire (Phil)& Barkinmadscot (Barry), through default, and is subject to change if there is anyone else who is prepared to take control of the event, I for one would be more than pleased if someone else could take the helm, because its not a job that a wish on anyone :(
Mark , its appreciated, really is, I have done all so far and have nothing but praise & respect for the time and effort put in by those who are willing to grasp the nettle :toothy1::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Hi Mark, I am not offering to take on any organising, but only to discuss expectations on arrival @ JOG and if we can asisit in arrangements at that end, camping, facilities etc as last time I read people were more than a little dissapointed.

Please let the committee know and I will be happy to speak to them.

Cheers Frad :thumbright:

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Hi Mark, I am not offering to take on any organising, but only to discuss expectations on arrival @ JOG and if we can asisit in arrangements at that end, camping, facilities etc as last time I read people were more than a little dissapointed.

Please let the committee know and I will be happy to speak to them.

Cheers Frad :thumbright:

Hi Rob Can you either mail me at [email protected] or ring me on 07887552171 Ta Mark

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Hi Rob Can you either mail me at [email protected] or ring me on 07887552171 Ta Mark
Ill be in touch in the morning Mark from work, I have already had a chat with our sales team and they are keen to help.

Regards

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts