Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... that needs scratching.

I had a dominator in the family from '96 until early last year and I really miss it. I think I need to replace it with a new one. Problem is I'm ultra fussy and want an ultra low milage mint model if possible. Any kicking around anywhere?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
They are getting difficult to find and a low mileage one is as rare as unicorn poo.:D:D:D
Mine had around 10,000 miles when I found it and I had to strip the engine down just to check everything was as it should be and it wasnt.
There was a rust ring in the bore where the piston rings had picked up some moisture and rusted to the bore which had to be honed out.
Wiseco piston fitted and top end rebuild and it was good to go.
As you live in Folkstone ,your best bet would be to cross the channel and drive to Germany to find one.
Germans tend to look after their bikes.
Because of the short supply they are getting to be very expensive.
Here is one from 1998 I found in Germany for €2500 with 10600km on the clocks.

$_20.jpg

Good luck scratching that itch.:thumbup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good looking bike. My last Domi was originally registered in Germany originally so that wouldn't put me off at all. To be honest though I've no idea how you find a German registered bike.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Good looking bike. My last Domi was originally registered in Germany originally so that wouldn't put me off at all. To be honest though I've no idea how you find a German registered bike.
Thats dead easy......click on to this link and there are 15 of the blighters to choose from...:D:D:D
Dialling code for Germany is 0049.
It helps too if you kan deutche sprechen.....;););)
Honda NX 650 Angebote bei mobile.de

I hope you find one ,I get all my bikes from Germany as I live a bit closer...:thumbup:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, something to keep an eye on. I hear Switzerland is a good place to get good condition second hand bikes from too.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Damn you sir,
While I was looking on the web in Germany I found summit in Germany that I want to go get, grrrrr.:D:D:D
Your right about Switzerland and Sweden also sells used bikes cheap too but thats a bit far for you from Folkstone.:(:(:(
I think I have a contact in Switzerland if you fancy driving that far.:thumbup:
I dont know what the Swiss franc is worth against the pound which aint worth the paper its printed on now you decided to bail on us expats in europe but have a look here.

https://www.ricardo.ch/search/index...&CategoryNr=1&SearchId=pNZuhszBYD9XoKjZC0bOaE

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ive been restoring Dommies for a few years now. I've turned £500 rusty rats into better than new for about £1500. That includes powder coated frame, swingarm and forks. Engine rebuilt and enamel painted. New rear shock, all new bearings, battery etc. Pretty much a new bike but without the shortcuts Honda used to keep it cheap. And totally customisable by the client.

So, dont limit your mindset to finding an old, low mileage bike for big money. Even the low mileage, expensive ones have junk suspension and totally unknown condition engines..

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put a wanted add on this sight just before Christmas for a nice dominator, anyway a member on here had one tucked away with 4,500 miles on it ,its getting delivered Friday so will try and post some pics so you can all tell me what you think cheers ,,,, by the way I bought it because I had an itch:D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I bought it because I had an itch:D
A tube of cream from the chemist would have been cheaper mate.:D:D:D

I had a similar problem and bought one ,I binned all the plastic and spent abut another grand on custom exhaust ,Wilburs shock, Wiseco piston and digital speedo from Ameriky ,....
It took a couple of years to finish it but I got the best Dommie in Denmark now.....
Looking forward to some pics when you get it home, it never gets boring looking at members bike pics.:thumbup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
scouseviking I seen your pics, love your bike , I showed mrs Steve them she nearly fell off the couch when she seen your bike in the lounge,:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Steve has asked me to help him get some photo's posted as he's a new member having troubles.
He's just bought this one from me and it arrived at his home today by courier . The last of my NX650's , they're all gone now ! :mad: I've had this one 5/6 yrs now and never even ridden it .It was gonna be my "London Light-weight" in old age but the Mayor of London is preparing to completely ban bikes over seven years old from the central London congestion zone. My AT's are going to have to go too :mad: and I'm just going to have to get modern I guess ? (I got a plan already :cool:)
Good news is that Steve has found XRV,so the bike will remain in the frame.

Those of you who know me won't be surprised to know there will be a sh*t load of NX spares up for sale when I can get round to it ! :thumbup:

welcome to XRV Steve. I'd say this is the best NX in the land !!!!!!!!!!!!
DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0013.jpg

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
scouseviking I seen your pics, love your bike , I showed mrs Steve them she nearly fell off the couch when she seen your bike in the lounge,:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:
Mrs Steve must be weird,I cant keep it in the bathroom or the kitchen as it would get in the way now wouldnt it........Duh! :D:D:D....
One of the perks of being single:thumbup:

·
Registered
357 Posts
It looks like the best fully original Dommie ive seen im a long time... Not the best dommie in the land though. That's in my garage ;)

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Noooo. I've got a full nut and bolt rebuilt Dommie. Hand built, custom painted engine. Powder coated frame. Painted wheels. Upgraded suspension, custom cockpit etc etc. The list goes on :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I've only got pictures of work in progress really. As even today, I'm changing it again and playing with ideas etc. I'm in no rush to sell it so it's become my lavished on show pony.

I do everything by hand, in house , to very high standards. I'm a professional BMW Technician and MOT Tester. No bodges allowed ;)

90% of the work I do is invisible. But it makes the bike so much better than standard. It takes a particular customer to appreciate it so I don't bother with EBay/Gumtree very often.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts