Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I know you all like to talk about gear... so give me your opinion!

I can get a good deal on an IXS X-jacket montevideo for about 160 euro.
I have never really looked at this type of rally style/Enduro jacket before, because i don't need all the pockets, the long style, and frankley... the short "urban" jacket looks better (you got to think about what the babes like ;) ). The ting is my current jacket MP-asu Charger is kind of flappy on me and it has no ventilation and I can't remove the waterproof liner (but I can remove the warm liner). It became extreemly hot a few weeks ago i italy at 35degC, like a black plastic bag wraped around me in the sun.

I spotted the IXS jacket recently as it has large ventilation openings and a removable varm liner and a removable waterproof liner. It fits me like a glove. Nice long arms and adjustable waist and underarms width.

I have a hard time to find any type of clothes (yeah ok, socks are easy) as Im thin and tall (78kg, 1,92m). I need larger sizes to fit my long arms, and then it becomes very large overall. (You should sem me in the scuba gear, my drysuit could probably be used as a hot air ballon)

1). So is IXS any good? Quality related.
2). Can wear that jacket without looking like a complete dork (Is there any risk that the babes don't like it)?
3). How is it like to wear this type of long jacket when sitting on the bike (AT of coarse)?

Thanks for listening.... :blah5:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Can't comment on the Jacket itself, but I have had two IXS jackets now, over the last 7 years, the latest with trousers I've had for 4 or 5 years. The kit I bought was the cordura/goretex variety

IXS as a brand: I looove their stuff.

I have been ever so pleased with the kit I've bought from them. When it comes to getting another set, I can well see myself lloking them up, provicded I can find a dealer here...

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Tjena!

1. IXS gör bra grejer.
Jag har för mig att Yamaha säljer IXS som något av ett premium märke i vart fall här i Sverige.

2. Ingen aning. ;-)

3. Funkar fint för mig, jag har tre olika långa jackor, varav min BMW Rallye 2 pro används mest, men jag har två ännu längre jackor och de funkar fint de med. Fundera lite på vilka skydd du ska använda, själv ska jag köpa en skyddsjacka att ha under, av samma typ som crossåkarna använder.
Detta för att skydden i allvädersjackorna sällan sitter stadigt på de ställen jag vill att de ska sitta.

//Kjell

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tjenna!
Tack Kjell... Så var i vårt avlånga land håller du hus?

OK, I got recommendation from Kjell on IXS gear i general. Does anyone have experience of the mambrane (not gore-tex) IXS uses. They call it "soltoTEX® 3-layer"

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Don,t know about the jacket !!!!!! but please you guys stop talking in SEMAPHOR:D:D:D:D:D:D
Phil

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
I bought some IXS gear (textile jacket and trousers) and I have to say for the money they were great. I commuted with them every day rain, snow and shine for about 5 or 6 years and they stayed completely waterproof. In the end I grew out of them (got fat) and treated my self to some Gericke stuff at about 3 times the price.

The Gericke stuff is better (warmer and softer to the touch) but for the money I can't fault the IXS gear.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
guys does anyone have any experience of the IXS larger sizes...? I am using JTS at the moment but to be honest I have not been happy with their 100% water proof claim in the long run...
How do they compare...? I need to fing somethng fairly decent but that does not break the bank like Gerike..... thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts