222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep - impressive.

Rather them than me, I think!
Dunno, i'd love to be able to ride like that, rush hour through Nottingham would become a doddle !!!..........

·
Registered
91 Posts
It looks like the new bike test they are introducing will be interesting !!!!!

:thumbright:

·
Timid biker
187 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'd like to see them try it in the wet, on roads with unpredictable patches of oils / diesel oil........maybe a different outcome ?!?!

It goes to show what the right training can do !
I can imagne our coppers can't do anything like this ? (someone will now prove me wrong).......

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Thems is early VFR750s before the single swingarm.....

The control is mental!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im new to biking and i rarely identify 'old models' so my applogies for that one!

but yeah the control is mind blowing, thats some kind of cornering confidence (something i just dont have at the moment)

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Yes our coppers can do this stuff too - have you ever seen them doing their maypole trick ?

A pole in the ground with a length of rope - they hold the rope in their left hand and drive round the pole at full lock and lean with one hand on the throttle and controling the speed with rear brake, whilst countering the lean of the bike by sitting up on the high side. The winner is the one who manages it with the shortest length of rope.

I wonder if we can find a clip of that ????

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah ok i guess our guys can do stuff like this, but maybe they dont show off as much....

I tried a youtube search for mayploe and motorbikes, didnt find anything.
It sounds good, when / where do they do it ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts