Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
part time adventurer
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having chatted to Vader and learned about his adventures at the Elephant rally, we have decided to hold our first Jernadder (Iron night) rally in the depths of a Cumbrian winter.
Please see the flyer, all welcome.

Brave riders attending

Attachments

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
One for the diary

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Shame, I think I'm busy washing my hair that weekend....:rolleyes:

Enjoy, you nutters :D:D

Reactions: Takoda Paul

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Noooooooooooooooo

I cant I will be working plus its just a week before my austria trip:(

p.s. stop blaming me for these things :angel4:

:thumbup:nice one. Proper winter rally. Just make sure you advertise in all the forumseseses. Lots of "nutters" around:toothy4:

·
part time adventurer
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Noooooooooooooooo

I cant I will be working plus its just a week before my austria trip:(

p.s. stop blaming me for these things :angel4:

:thumbup:nice one. Proper winter rally. Just make sure you advertise in all the forumseseses. Lots of "nutters" around:toothy4:
Oh no! I was hoping you would lead a ride out :(

·
part time adventurer
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to XRV and in particular this thread. As some will know I have just lost my younger brother very suddenly at the age of 41, he leaves a partner and two kids aged 9.

Anyway not to linger on this sad state of affairs,

Who is daft, no sorry, brave enough to attend the "Jernatter" rally which could be very wet or very white, it will certainly be veery cold.
I am taking names to add to the list of the BRAVE!

nb.also posted on ABR

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
A meeting called Iron Nights (or as these nights are called here in Sweden; Järnnätter) should be fun, especially as the word "Järn" (Iron) orginates from a missunderstanding when translating from German into Swedish.
The German word Eismänner (Ice men) was wrongfully thought to be Eisenmänner (Iron men),
In this case with your meeting Paul, the word Ice would be better than Iron, since you could end up freezing your behind off... :thumbleft:
Icy nuts and not Iron nighs would be a proper name for it :toothy9:

And, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss of a family member!

/Kjell

·
part time adventurer
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A meeting called Iron Nights (or as these nights are called here in Sweden; Järnnätter) should be fun, especially as the word "Järn" (Iron) orginates from a missunderstanding when translating from German into Swedish.
The German word Eismänner (Ice men) was wrongfully thought to be Eisenmänner (Iron men),
In this case with your meeting Paul, the word Ice would be better than Iron, since you could end up freezing your behind off... :thumbleft:
Icy nutts and not Iron nighs would be a proper name for it :toothy9:

And, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss of a family member!

/Kjell
What is "Icy Nutts" in Swedish? I agree it sounds better.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
What is "Icy Nutts" in Swedish? I agree it sounds better.
Nuts in every sense of the word!

My condolences, too, Paul. So very sad. Lou x

·
part time adventurer
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any more takers for this meeting of the brave/stupid. We are up to around ten and I am praying for snow. Even Maria's Hot-pot and red cabbage cannot convince people that it is a good idea.
Remember if your sleeping bag, or wife for that matter, is thin. We do have a heated lounge to crash in. You wont be the first........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts