Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We put mirrors on my sons bike today because we are going to register it next week and get it road legal.
Jnr asked if he could try it out and its his first ride on a bike since he sold his moped last year. :thumbup:
I am sure he will have it up on the back wheel tear arsing through mud in no time.:D:D:D

Future hooligan?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
He was very nervous coz he was on wet grass but he is as happy as a teenger could be who just got a DT125LC3 to practice on before he takes his licence in July.:thumbup:
Very proud lad n dad day :clown::clown::clown:
Followed by pizza and a couple of beers. :D

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
im delighted for ye both , its a proud day for you . grass is slippy stuff dry or wet I found out one day as I picked up my klr 650 no damage to the bike but I scraped all my shin too somehow and learnt my lesson .

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am putting it on plates next week so I can have a little play around on it then its time to make plans for my next project which is going to be a cracker.
As soon as its plated and Jnr has bought all his kit ,we got some quiet gravel roads local he can practice on.

My Dommie is finished and just needs starting up but right now I need to get my arse down to Germany as soon as the weather picks up to go collect my next bike. :thumbup:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great video a stunt rider in the making perhaps?

Brought back happy memories to me of riding my first two wheeler a Yamaha 50cc automatic 3 speed gear step-thru moped on an old aerodrome and of course falling off regularly as I had no idea what to do then and even now!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jnr made a great save on his bike today.
His bike acted up when I took it for its MOT and I suggested that it might be the coil acting up and we ordered a replacement.
As jnr was swapping the coil out he noticed that one of the brackets holding it in place on the frame had snapped off.
A bit of bodging from that box of bits you never throw away provided us with the materials to make a new bracket which he did quite well so his bike is ready for the MOT apart from the two front caliper bolts that are on order from Wemoto.
I hope the next trip to the test centre is less eventful than the last one.:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts