Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just watched John Bolton who was the former American United Nations Ambassador talking about the recent raid by Israel into Syria.

To be completely honest i simply could not believe what i was hearing Gavin Esler asked him was it not totally unaceptable that Israel could do this carte blance to another Sovereign Country

He replied "No"

He was then asked should Isreal have notified anyone of their intentions

He Replied "No, and are you nuts?" Gavin Esler got angry with him at this point.

he then stated "Israel was acting for its own security and self defence"

So when Britain and America invaded Iraq in a completely Illegal war of occupation that has led to the death of over half a million innocent civilians. When we constantly beat the war drums against Iran are they not acting " For there own security and self defence" by developing a NUCLEAR DETTERENT? or when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait another Sovereign country in a flagrant act of aggression, he was obviously not doing anything wrong whatsoever according to John Bolton the former AMERICAN AMBASSADOR TO THE UNITED NATIONS reasoning.

What have we become?

Countries that sanction the use of torture, detention without trial like at Guantanamo. To be perfectly honest i am becoming increasingly embarased to be British and our ridiculous association with America we are nothing but a bunch of third rate aggressive hypocrites.

If they have another 9/11 incident lets face it and this time genuine, lets be honest, it is 100% deserved and would only be Al Qaada or Syria or Iran acting "for its own security and self defence"

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Syria?...........................................F**k em!!!!!!

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Syria?...........................................F**k em!!!!!!
PMSL... :) Cabby, your the Man... Would of loved to see Gavin Esler's face if you'd told him that... :rolleyes:

To be perfectly honest i am becoming increasingly embarased to be British and our ridiculous association with America we are nothing but a bunch of third rate aggressive hypocrites.
Agree with you totally here dude... But I wouldn't go as far as saying America score so much as to achieve Third Rate...

My only fear is that we would swing to far towards the E.U. if we moved away from some of our Trans Atlantic associations... That means, we'd be siding with the French more!

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I just watched John Bolton who was the former American United Nations Ambassador talking about the recent raid by Israel into Syria.

Countries that sanction the use of torture, detention without trial like at Guantanamo. To be perfectly honest i am becoming increasingly embarased to be British and our ridiculous association with America we are nothing but a bunch of third rate aggressive hypocrites.

*********** Sorry I beg to differ ! FIRST rate (British empire ring any bells) ***********

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Sorry I beg to differ ! FIRST rate (British empire ring any bells)
Empire... Ummm... whats that mean? Just checking the Dictionary....
Found it... Outdated Imperialistic Dogma..... Is this an age thing? :rolleyes:

·
I will wash it I promise!
2,022 Posts
quickest way to stop the US ar*eing about in the middle east is to find a viable alternative to oil

which would only leave religion as the reason people want to kill each other:(

go figure!

Z

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Empire... Ummm... whats that mean? Just checking the Dictionary....
Found it... Outdated Imperialistic Dogma..... Is this an age thing? :rolleyes:

Definition by long dead Historian.....:faroah:

"Shakespeare!.......a man of substances"..........Charles Darwin.

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Definition by long dead Historian.....:faroah:"Shakespeare!.......a man of substances"..........Charles Darwin.
Sounds like the perfect opportunity for a sing song boys and girls... OK here we go... From the top....

Beethoven's gone but his music lives on,
And Mozart don't go shoppin' no more,
You'll never meet Liszt or Brahms again,
And Elgar doesn't answer the door.

Schübert and Chopin used to chuckle and laugh,
Whilst composing a long symphony,
But one hundred and fifty years later,
There's very little of them left to see.

They're decomposing composers,
There's nothing much anyone can do,
You can still hear Beethoven,
But Beethoven cannot hear you.

Händel and Haydn and Rachmaninov,
Enjoyed a nice drink with their meal,
But nowadays no-one will serve them,
And their gravy is left to congeal.

Verdi and Wagner delighted the crowds,
With their highly original sound,
The pianos they played are still working,
But they're both six feet underground.

There's less of them every year,
You can say what you like to Debussy,
But there's not much of him left to hear.

Claude Achille Debussy, died 1918.
Christophe Willebaud Gluck, died 1787.
Carl Maria von Weber, not at all well 1825,

died 1826.
Giacomo Meyerbeer, Still alive 1863,
not still alive 1864.
Modeste Mussorgsky, 1880 going to parties,
no fun anymore 1881.

Johan NepomuckHummel, chatting away nineteen to the
dozen with his mates down the pub every evening 1836,

1837 nothing.

There's less of them every year,
You can say what you like to Debussy,
But there's not much of him left to hear.

:cool:

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
As The Sign Says...........................................

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Shep - you are a bad man - not good for Wee Jack's blood pressure !!

You already know what I think of the collective "Americans" - plenty of really nice individuals but as a nation they suck (oops a wee American term slipped in there!).

enough already - where are my pills ????

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
plenty of really nice individuals but as a nation they suck
I must admit, some of the women did when I was there...........I wouldn't criticise them for that though.............:confused:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
shepp for ****s sake take a chill pill there aint jackshit you can do about it:Djust enjoy what little time we have here with what ya got sod them if they want to blow the shit out of each other;)

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
I know this is a serious discussion :D but you guys really crack me up.
:cyclopsani::cyclopsani::cyclopsani::cyclopsani:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I know this is a serious discussion :D but you guys really crack me up.
:cyclopsani::cyclopsani::cyclopsani::cyclopsani:
Right lets be serious for a minute.Sheps question was "What have we become ?"............Fletch ? Cabby ? Anybody .......... please what have we become ?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got in from work, read these posts and laughed my head off.

Chad you are right i have got to chill. It is just difficult when i lived in a moslem country for 3 years Turkey, fantastic place and fantastic people. What worries me is that if we keep going like this and something real nasty goes off in London or anywhere else in Britain just maybe we deserved it becuase of our lap dog support for America.

If you look at the 2nd world war we got involved becuase of Hitlers aggression towards innocent countries. WE prosecuted the war to the very end and then despite all the chaos and death we gave the real nightamares who had created this catastrophe costing over 50 million deaths a fair trial at Nuremberg.

We allways maintained the moral high ground and we did not stoop to the level of the Nazi,s, Fair trial, no summary executions, no torture,

I am very proud of our conduct as a country during this period

BUT NOW? ...........

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
It is just difficult when i lived in a moslem country for 3 years Turkey, fantastic place and fantastic people.
And a Government with a piss poor human rights record......Who were prepared to leave the Kurds to starve on a freezing mountainside during Gulf War 1..........F**k them too!:argue:

Biggest killer of Muslims.....Other Muslims..:rolleyes:

What have we become.....Cynical.:eek:

By the way....Is this Syria you're so concerned about the same one that occupied Lebanon for a few short decades and still gets it's pals to assasinate politicians there?........:confused: .

P.S. Shep....We all know the American Government are Knobs but there aren't many nations in the Middle East who can claim the moral high ground....So stop trying to claim it for them...........They don't deserve it.

Can I stop being serious now?

"and the sign says ...long haired freaky people......Oops..Sorry...Lost me thread there for a minute..;)

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Can I stop being serious now?
Please do....

Or we'll have a have a compition... Scientist's vs. Cabby's... Who knows the most b*llox... And in the Blue corner we have 'Cabby' and in the Red corner 'Xander', take it away boys :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts