Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just asking if anybody has experience with JT’s rubber front sprocket on the XRV?

We all know why many use the OE Honda front sprocket but since they cost about €30-35 and the JT cost about €15-20 it could be just as good..

Just for reference the JT sprocket is JTF296-16RB.
other sizes are available such as 15T tooth etc (JTF296-15RB)

663FC81D-2797-4DB6-855E-F7C8C49F67F4-3741-0000054B88314CF0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not with the XRV, but just taken one off my Varadero. No issues but swapped a 16t for a 15t.
There is a noticeable sound difference with the metal ones being noisey.

When I worked in a Honda/Suzuki dealers (parts desk) we were getting a fair bit of call for OEM style rubber damped front sprockers without the OEM price tag. Never had any issues with them, but the workshop always fitted OEM or plain metal if the customer wanted to cheap out.

I'd go for the rubber damped JT one next, it's just I had a new 15t plain metal one in the garage.

Iirc some issues have been mentioned with aftermarket sprockets on the XRV, but someone with more XRV experience my help on that one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I thought that the OEM sprockets were also made of a slightly softer steel than the drive shaft, so that the spline wear was in the sprocket, not the shaft. I'd be interested to know whether the JT ones are also softer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts