Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speedo has just packed up on eve of planned trip to France. In case i can't get it fixed in time, can anyone give me accurate revs for speeds for a standard 650 Alp (2005)?

I seem to remember that 60mph is about 4,400 revs in top gear. Can anyone confirm or correct that?

And can anyone give me revs in one of the lower gears for 30mph (or 50kmph) or other speed limit speeds?

·
Registered
244 Posts
3rd seems to work out about so 3000rpm =30mph, 4000rpm =40 mph etc

5th 70mph just over 5000 rpm

·
Tenacious Member
1,435 Posts
I'd agree with Campagman on the revs vs speeds, assuming you have standard front & rear sprockets.

My speedo stopped unexpectedly last November. The collar had come unscrewed at the top (speedo) end. Take a quick look up from the front wheel past the wind deflector on the front forks. Its a 20 minute job to re-attach if thats the problem.

Remove dash cover (4 screws), remove clocks (2 or 4 screws?), lift clocks slightly and re-attach cable and collar, then refit clocks and cover.

If you have (or know someone who has) small hands, you might not need to remove the clocks to re-attach - maybe.

·
Registered
417 Posts
4500 rpm = 60 mph in 5th gear.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
My speedo has just packed up on eve of planned trip to France. In case i can't get it fixed in time, can anyone give me accurate revs for speeds for a standard 650 Alp (2005)?
The alternative, lateral approach would be to say, "now iI can go and buy that much needed Garmin Zumo, and use the speedo on that"

Good luck with the fix.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The alternative, lateral approach would be to say, "now iI can go and buy that much needed Garmin Zumo, and use the speedo on that"
Damn! Why didn't I think of that?:)

Thanks for all the info and suggestions, folks. Pleased to say that it's now fixed in the nick of time (thanks to excellent service again from CJ Ball), and so if i'm nabbed by French plod for speeding it'll be my own fault and I'll have no excuse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts