Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about 6 months me and friend from work have had a bungee jump organised from Britains only bridge jump in Middlesborough, Teeside. Probably for about 6 months before we booked it we talked about booking it and did nothing.

On Sunday 4th July 2010 the day to test our worth came. I have to be honest and say I was interested to see who would bottle it first, but surprisingly I didn't see a single person not do it, never mind one of the three from our little group.

Thankfully the climbing I've done has put me more in control of my fear of heights and I didn't have a much trouble as a thought taking the plunge. For anyone who's thought about giving it a go, just book it and do it. It's an awesome buzz.

Here's the photo and video from the day.

YouTube - Transporter Bridge Bungee.mp4

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
One thing I will never do.
Not even for charity.

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
That explains a lot!! :rolleyes:;):D:D

Andy.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Nice one! Looks like they take no chances on the length though...you aint got a hope of dunking there, not even half way down.

I like the lack of hesitation at the edge, you normally wait for a few seconds for people to jump but I thought they had pushed you over...then I remembered it was you...too keen!

Dont much like heights unless there is a reason attached...not so sure I want my legs and back stretched either - you any taller now?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice one! Looks like they take no chances on the length though...you aint got a hope of dunking there, not even half way down.
I thought that too, but didn't notice until I'd watched it back. Oh well, I'm sure there'll be another one before long.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Nice one Dysan

What grades do you climb at both indoors and outdoors?

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
You're mad. :happy2:

I stood back and watched as my wife did 2 bungies in New Zealand. I had to look after the kids you see........:thumbright:

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Nice one Dysan
You will be needing a taller screen now you are a couple of inch taller ;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice one Dysan

What grades do you climb at both indoors and outdoors?
I use climbing in the loosest sense as everyone (except those who do it) generally think its all the same. Mountaineering is a better description. I don't really climb outdoors much, used to do quite a bit indoors and about English 6a is about all I can regularly manage. Was more a way of keeping fit.

We started off walking up things, then the things got higher and more complicated so we needed rope skills. So now on things we've done already we look for more challenging routes up them. I likes winter best :thumbright:

Going for 2 weeks Via Feratta in the Pyrenees after the HUMM, so that should be a laugh.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
I use climbing in the loosest sense as everyone (except those who do it) generally think its all the same. Mountaineering is a better description. I don't really climb outdoors much, used to do quite a bit indoors and about English 6a is about all I can regularly manage. Was more a way of keeping fit.

We started off walking up things, then the things got higher and more complicated so we needed rope skills. So now on things we've done already we look for more challenging routes up them. I likes winter best :thumbright:

Going for 2 weeks Via Feratta in the Pyrenees after the HUMM, so that should be a laugh.
I'm at 6a+ indoors and pushing E1 outdoors but prefer HVS outdoors. I have a caravan at Porthmadog so we have the excellent Tremadog walls and Llanberis close by. I struggle with my weight as the guys I climb with are all 10 stone and I'm 14st 7lbs. Add to that all the gear going up a lead with a couple of ropes and it gets a bit strenuous for me at times especially as they tend to want to miss out belay points and tend to run out 50+ mtrs of rope before stopping. They are all into overhangs and vertical climbs !!

Would love to do Via Ferratta but having difficulty getting the Mrs to agree to come but I know she'd love it even though she's scared of heights - got her to climb a bit indoors upto 4b so Via Ferrata would be OK for her

Good luck on the HUMM

Was that you on the KTM I saw at Garraun Point with Hotgloves and his brother on the Varaderos when I had a play off road?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm at 6a+ indoors and pushing E1 outdoors but prefer HVS outdoors. I have a caravan at Porthmadog so we have the excellent Tremadog walls and Llanberis close by. I struggle with my weight as the guys I climb with are all 10 stone and I'm 14st 7lbs. Add to that all the gear going up a lead with a couple of ropes and it gets a bit strenuous for me at times especially as they tend to want to miss out belay points and tend to run out 50+ mtrs of rope before stopping. They are all into overhangs and vertical climbs !!

Would love to do Via Ferratta but having difficulty getting the Mrs to agree to come but I know she'd love it even though she's scared of heights - got her to climb a bit indoors upto 4b so Via Ferrata would be OK for her

Good luck on the HUMM

Was that you on the KTM I saw at Garraun Point with Hotgloves and his brother on the Varaderos when I had a play off road?
Sounds Good.

The Via Feratta has appealed for a few years now but I've always been going somewhere else, I was going down there this year for that, not the HUMM , its just lucky it was about the same time. :rolleyes:

I think the appeal is:
1) Not much thought involved, sometimes quite airy but basically an adventure playground for adults :D
2) Not much gear involved, I'll be on the bike with the missus and there's no way I'd get our mountaineering gear on the bike. Normally take the Landy.

Just another way of enjoying the mountains and sun.

It was me. Yes, I went back the day after for a play and tried to get further up the point.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Sounds Good.

The Via Feratta has appealed for a few years now but I've always been going somewhere else, I was going down there this year for that, not the HUMM , its just lucky it was about the same time. :rolleyes:

I think the appeal is:
1) Not much thought involved, sometimes quite airy but basically an adventure playground for adults :D
2) Not much gear involved, I'll be on the bike with the missus and there's no way I'd get our mountaineering gear on the bike. Normally take the Landy.

Just another way of enjoying the mountains and sun.

It was me. Yes, I went back the day after for a play and tried to get further up the point.
Sounds great

I did not want to risk going too far up with it getting dark. Just took it as far as the rockier section and turned it round. Did not want to risk an off especially as I was about to pack up and go for the ferry.

I'll now edit my ride report as I called you " a chappie on a KTM" on my initial draft

See you next time somewhere :thumbup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts