Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone , the names chris and I've just picked it up today and traded in my old zzr1100 for it , loving the 'old man ' riding position and I can see it staying with me for a long time , had a quick scan through some posts for info already and I'm sure I will be pestering soon about upgrades and mods etc .
So cheers in advance .

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey, same as mine :thumbup: in fast Blue :cool:

Using the Std Varadero carbs, I used to get 120 miles from brimmed to the light coming on :( I do ride it quickly though >80ish on dual carriageways & I love nailing it out of bends...

Over the years I have done many modifications especially to the engine. Attempting to improve the bikes performance to something I think Honda should've given the bike in the first place.

The first of many modifications was the fitting of VTR carbs. Originally it gave the same MPG as the Std carbed bike, but after many different carb setups, I have now managed to get a quite respectable 175 miles from brimmed tank to fuel light on & that's riding as fast as I can ;)

What at are you getting? How do you ride it?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I'm getting about 180 to the light, but I ride steady these days. I think there's 4 litres left so approx. one sixth of a tank. Maybe 30 miles. Never put it to the test. Most I ever got in was 24 litres

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fuel economy is really difficult to compare with other riders of the same bike. Riding styles plays a part, for example someone who mashes the throttle at every change they get will have worse numbers if compared to someone that is easy on the throttle. Also, city driving, highway drive and any combination of both is different for every rider.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Does anyone else use the Fuelly app? It give some real good analysis of your consumption and costs as long as you remember to enter the details every fuel up!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts