Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not run it yet but it is a 140/80/17 and fitted to a 3.5" rim. By looks it appears to be a rather low profile, or at least lower than the conti escape that came off. I suspect that it was intended for a 3" rim but it went on easily enough, but with decent strength in the side wall etc.

Looks very good though - love the tread pattern. No annoying stickers to have to scrape off and has not been stored in a dirty area, appears to be one of the cleanest tyres I have ever been sent!

Taking it to work tomorrow which will include some off road/green lanes so will let you know. Also, I hope the front will be here tomorrow so I will fit that too.

·
Clutchup.co.za
131 Posts
Not run it yet but it is a 140/80/17 and fitted to a 3.5" rim. By looks it appears to be a rather low profile, or at least lower than the conti escape that came off. I suspect that it was intended for a 3" rim but it went on easily enough, but with decent strength in the side wall etc.

Looks very good though - love the tread pattern. No annoying stickers to have to scrape off and has not been stored in a dirty area, appears to be one of the cleanest tyres I have ever been sent!

Taking it to work tomorrow which will include some off road/green lanes so will let you know. Also, I hope the front will be here tomorrow so I will fit that too.

Would you mind posting a pic? why did you go the 8 route intead of the more DS E07?

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you mind posting a pic? why did you go the 8 route intead of the more DS E07?

Cos I is a wuss and only ride on the road! The front arrived today - will fit later and take pics.

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very bad performance in the wet, especially after 5k mark. Be very carefull and aware, they slip extremely easy on wet roads.

Really? I rode it to work yesterday, in the rain and felt that, apart from initial "new trye" squirming it gripped ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts