Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

My first motorbike (since my 125cc motocross) is a Transalp 600 1992 in great condition. Already love it.

I kind of like how quiet it is, but if I could gain a few horsepowers, I could consider a cooler sound :) What exhausts do you recommend? Is it worth it?

I hate the dull headlight and would love the 1994 cowl facelift, but it seems a bit difficult to find?

I see that quite a few Transalp owners have upgraded the headlight to Truck-Lite 27450C. I like that look. Searching where to buy it in Europe...

Would love to switch the turning lights for some uncolored or dark/smoke. Where can I find such?

If I would do a re-paint, where can I order new stickers?

What else is there? ;)

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
- tall screen

- top box

- larger front brake disc to improve braking, and braided front hose

- heated grips. 'oxford adventure' ones are good

- centre stand is handy for chain lubing, but they are hard to find second hand

- more info here:

Deti's Transalp Page

- CDIs fitted like this to avoid them failing (due to pressure from seat). you will need a different rubber 'cradle'

97737d1463517916-questions-prep-long-adventure-unknown-transalp-600-india-cdi.jpg

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
welcome to the forum . my top 3 add on's in this order are crash bars centre stand and scottoiler best place to buy crash bars and centre stand Heavy Duties . my bike came with a center stand but I bough the crash bars from heavy duties a lot of happy customers on hear and somewhere to fit a pair of spot lights too if you want more light . a cheap light upgrade is a Philips night breaker bulb or the like . a top box is very handy but panniers look cooler my bike came with pannier racks and I got some second hand givi panniers off e bay . I would leave the end can until last there isn't much power gains only weight reduction and sounds better . not sure whats best fuel and nitro seem popular I think . I have a gsxr 750 alloy can on mine its just a little louder but still quite .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats!

Solid bike, never miss a beat (except for CDI-mod, 1994 and newer)!

Love mine, bought her by an incident, will never sell her even though she's completely different to my KTM 950 Super Enduro or my Husaberg 650 Rally, or my Tricker for instance.

If you then consider the price tag, then it's most likely the best bike on the planet!
She will do anything!

From my point of view, you'll just end up ruining her greatness by making her "noisy", even though she sounds great unmuffled, she will never be race pedigree and no matter how hard you rev, her domain of excellence will never be showing off 0-100-0, instead she's a BEAUTIFUL girl that likes long strolls in uncharted territory, even though she's a wicked menace at heart.

- Fix the CDI-mounts
- Get a PROPER set of new tires for your riding style (Heidenau K60) work everywhere and are really good at gravel when new, but there are others...

Enjoy!
Ps. Never be cheap on oil changes and filter, then she can last 250 000 miles.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
- tall screen
How tall is a tall screen? (just to know if I have one)

- top box
She's got a good one already

- larger front brake disc to improve braking, and braided front hose
I think the brakes are quite good - maybe upgraded already

- heated grips. 'oxford adventure' ones are good
Thanks, I need that

- centre stand is handy for chain lubing, but they are hard to find second hand
She came with a good centre stand, luckily

- more info here:

Deti's Transalp Page

- CDIs fitted like this to avoid them failing (due to pressure from seat). you will need a different rubber 'cradle'

View attachment 109530
Great, thanks - I will check that out!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome to the forum .
Thanks!

my top 3 add on's in this order are crash bars
Already have - and have been helped by them already :p [/QUOTE]
and scottoiler
Thanks, good one!

I would leave the end can until last there isn't much power gains only weight reduction and sounds better . not sure whats best fuel and nitro seem popular I think . I have a gsxr 750 alloy can on mine its just a little louder but still quite .
Thanks for that advice!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From my point of view, you'll just end up ruining her greatness by making her "noisy", even though she sounds great unmuffled, she will never be race pedigree and no matter how hard you rev, her domain of excellence will never be showing off 0-100-0, instead she's a BEAUTIFUL girl that likes long strolls in uncharted territory, even though she's a wicked menace at heart.

- Fix the CDI-mounts
- Get a PROPER set of new tires for your riding style (Heidenau K60) work everywhere and are really good at gravel when new, but there are others...

Enjoy!
Ps. Never be cheap on oil changes and filter, then she can last 250 000 miles.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for great adveice! En Svensk iPhone ser jag :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts