Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've been riding bikes over 40 years and have had a very strange assortment in that time including CZs, MZs, Royal Enfield, BMWs, a few British bikes and 3 or 4 Japanese thumpers. I've just bought a 1999 SLR650 to replace my Yamaha SR400 as it is kickstart only and hurts my knee too much now to start it. I've also got a 1995 BMW R1100R but that's too thirsty for my daily 40 mile commute.

Loving the SLR which needs a little tidying and a back mudguard as a previous owner has chopped the original to pieces to bobber the back end.

Looking forward to getting to know you and learning about my new toy.

Ian

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Welcome Ian

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
welcome along Ian your in the right place . Bobn will be along soon to give you a crash course in slr's their peculiarity's and how to tune them for more power and all :thumbright: 40 years of riding you should have a few tales from the road to tell and be a handy man with a spanner at this stage .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys

Thanks for the welcomes. I think I'm going to like it here. Alias, I have indeed had some marvellous and sometimes bizarre times biking over the years and I also have a couple of friends who have shared those years with me. When we get together the tales get taller!

Scouseviking yes I do want to sell the SR as I can't honestly see myself riding it much now due to the aforementioned knee problems. It is a 2014 model but the finish on the engine cases and forks needs attention due to using it through winter. 13000 miles on the clock and mechanically perfect. I only want a couple of grand for it due to the need to clean up the alloy. Let me know if you're interested.

Ian

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Thanks for the offer Ian but I was looking for an older model as a project for my son when he starts his education as a bike mechanic.
I had to sell my old SR500 a few years ago due to my knee,s not being what they once were and I get why you need to sell it.
Welcome to the zone and enjoy your time here. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts