Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am thinking of fitting a K&N filter to my Rd07y (2000 model)

I have a Motad Venom exhaust. Do I need to reject for this combination? My jets are standard at the moment and all seems ok but I a off to Austria in a couple of weeks so a longish run ahead and I don't want it running too lean.

Thanks

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Hi all
I am thinking of fitting a K&N filter to my Rd07y (2000 model)

I have a Motad Venom exhaust. Do I need to reject for this combination? My jets are standard at the moment and all seems ok but I a off to Austria in a couple of weeks so a longish run ahead and I don't want it running too lean.

Thanks
I have a 2002 model with venom can and 1 week ago changed the air filter for the k+n one- I didn't even think about the implications, just needed a new one and had heard good things about it.

Was doing 52 to the gallon as a rule and first tank out with the k+n got 59 2nd tank 57 and is there abouts for this tank.

Noticed no difference in starting but it does seem smoother at constant throttle at 30 which previously it wasn't
Can say as I have found any difference in terms of acceleration or top end but you do get a nice sticker to put on the bike so everyone knows you can afford one :)

Have noticed it doesn't pop, burble and chatter as much on overrun - which is a shame as I like that! (not sure if that is mechanically and improvement)

Overall happy enough with it. Extra few miles to the gallon..... Should take about a year to recoup the extra cost.
Like also the idea that it is washable and not throwaway

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Same as Gary

I have K&N and Remus Grand Prix with standard jetting. I have no pop or over run problems and the plugs are perfect colour

MPG is in the same range 51-57

On TLD10 I was getting 50+ the whole trip 2 up and with luggage. We were also on a pace as I stuck with the A5 accross UK so lots of throttle on / off for overtakes

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good to me - K&N it will be then. I have a Guzzi 1100 Sport with a pair it's carbs and that improved the beast no end.

I am not looking for any improvement more cost and convenience in the long term.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts